on 3 April 2013
my daughter bought me this book for christmas from amazon. i was looking into preserves as a way of a kind of hobby. having just retiered from work i had time on my hands and this book launched me in to preserving in a very big way. ifollowed the instructions to the letter on how to make chutneys to start with. they came out super as my friends and familly will testify. i then moved on to piccalilly came out fantastic. did the beetroot, jams and my personal favourite tomatoe relish.this book is the easiest preserving book you will ever need. i have bought others from amazon myself but sadly i wasted my money this is THE BEST.
on 10 October 2013
The best book on preserving I have ever read. It covers just about every fruit, vegetable, you can think of and some almost forgotten these days. An incredibly comprehensive book but written in such a simple, straightforward way. A must for the kitchen in any home.
on 20 May 2013
This book was better then I expected, lots of really useful receipes. I have not tried any yet but will be starting soon once some of my fruit and veg is ready in the garden
on 20 October 2010
I bought this as a gift for a friend who loves preserving. She is delighted with it and already making some of the preserves.
on 4 March 2013
very good recipes which have already been very useful and will always use this book for all jams and preserves
on 11 March 2014
I bought this book to learn how to preserve my home grown produce. I was not disappointed. It shows a variety of preserving methods, and for each method, gives a general description of the process before providing a number of clear and easy to read recipes. I am looking forward to this years garden produce, so I can try out the various methods described in this book.
on 29 October 2015
An excellent book of preserving or making jams, pickles, relishes and even cheeses. Many very simple recipes to choose from, I'd recommend to anyone just beginning to make their own jams as it explains everything you'd ever need to know very clearly. Ideal as a christmas/birthday present for someone.
on 18 April 2011
Great book with no nonsense recipes
I am still goin through the book making them when I can
The Beetroot Relish is a major winner with all !!

Recommended A****
on 21 October 2013
Helped me (retired gent) to get started with preserving and chutney making.
Good recipies, easy to follow and a useful addition to our collection of "foodie" books.
on 23 September 2015
Arrived today. Looks to be just what I wanted. Would have been nice to have photos, but the instructions and information are clear. Cannot wait to get pickling and jamming.