Who Built the Moon?
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£10.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 28 November 2007
Firstly I'm not sure if I'm a critic or a supporter of this book. I've given it 4 stars because the actual data and numbers that are given are extremely interesting and need to be known by the world. The ratios of days, orbits and diameters, are correct, even if not worded properly: "The moon is exactly 400 times smaller than the sun" should be "the diameter of" the moon, sun etc.

There is clearly something in this that needs further research, but there are a couple of things that bother me about the book.

I personally will not come to a conclusion about what all this means until I have analyzed it far more thoroughly. I might never come to a conclusion about it ever, unless there is an actual fact that proves or disproves something.

That is my main problem with this book, the conclusions the authors come to, have no evidence to support them, its pure speculation. Don't get me wrong, the planetary mechanics and ratios are amazing, and are far too perfect to be coincidence, but that doesn't mean that people from the future did it all, which is what the authors state is their best theory. Theres just as much evidence to support that idea as there is to say the whole solar system is the poo of a giant space fish.

I recommend everyone reads this book before they come to any conclusion and once they've read it don't just settle with the authors ideas. there are more possibilities than just god, aliens or people from the future. Perhaps the solar system is a living organism or maybe theres a completely natural phenomenon where for some reason not yet known to physics, planets harmonize themselves with each other on many different levels ie size, rotation, who knows?

Once these facts become more well known, everyone from Jehovahs witnesses to star trek fans are going to jump on the band wagon and try to use this to support their views.

What I'm trying to say is, the implications of what this could mean are endless, so please don't dismiss these remarkable figures just because someone says it means we are all slaves of the reptilians, or that these facts prove the plot to the terminator films actually happened.

And no matter what anyones opinion is,

The Earth still rotates about 366 times per orbit of the sun, and has a polar diameter 366.0431 percent larger than the moons.

The moon has an orbital period of 27.32 days and has a diameter 27.32 percent that of the Earths polar diameter.

The suns diameter is 109.2 times the size of Earths diameter, and the distance from the earth to the sun when we are at our furthest from it is 109.2 sun diameters.

if you divide 109.2 by 4 you get 27.3

366 moon orbits equal 10000 days

I could go on and on but the fact is you keep on getting the same recurring numbers and multiples of them again and again:

27.32
109.2
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 8 December 2013
Sounds a bit quirky but I have to say the facts included don`t half make you think! I am a sceptical old bugger but the recurring pattern of numbers and the possibilities of hidden information is mind blowing.. A Great Read !
on 19 September 2010
It's true that when reading books of this nature which question mainstream science (of which there are many now) that you mustn't get carried away with the train of though whilst leaving your analytical baggage behind. It's easy to get whipped up in the premise and accept practically everything presented in order to help support the notion that simply reading a book can turn the world on its head. But at the same time, the same can be said of mainstream education and science. What we think we know is only accurate in light of all the evidence and verifiable facts available at the time - and should the sands of evidence shift then so should the edifices that are founded on them.

So then, the book. The authors have done a good job in presenting a sound argument for there being a mathematical relationship between The Sun, Moon and Earth. As mentioned in other reviews, the relationships and their interplay between the bodies appears mind boggling. If it is true that these ratios are only present in and between Sun, Moon and Earth and no other planetary body in the solar system then it gets you pondering what the statistical chances are and how it could have occurred.

The fact that the moon is where it is with the apparent composition it has also appears, according to the authors, to confound common sense. Naturally, it's unhealthy to just accept what were told here at face value but if their assertions are accurate then science still has many questions to answer. A frequent theme in books like this is that science often feels the need to adopt a hypothesis and present it as final fact whilst still half baked. In this case, it's the 'Big Whack' theory of moon formation that gets put back under the microscope.

Sections detailing the impact that the Moon has had on our our own planetary environment over the aeons are awe inspiring. The Moon is not to be taken for granted. I would recommend this book for this content alone.

The end of the book does get slightly muddled as the authors attempt to present possible scenarios for who actually built the moon but I think it was always going to be hard to wrap up because the implications are mind blowing and they needed to find something to match the scale. I managed to come up with my own theories and it would surprise me if others couldn't think of more satisfying ideas than the three presented.

Still - it was a gripping read which I managed in about three days. Even if it's not accurate, it's got the neurons firing.
on 21 June 2014
This is Knight and Butler's follow-up to their earlier work "Civilisation One". I got through my Kindle version in a few days - this is very interesting and controversial stuff. My logical mind tells me that scientists have a good idea how the Moon came into being - a giant interplanetary impact seems to be the prevailing view. The authors however have gathered together a number of bits of information which lead to the unbelievable scenario of the Moon being (at least partly) hollow. The impact of modules discarded by American astronauts, for example, caused the Moon to "ring" like a bell, The authors point to ancient legends and myths which allege that the "gods" brought the Moon here and placed it in orbit in such a way that the Earth tilted, the seasons were created and the development of intelligent life was made possible. This last item of course is pure speculation, and hard-nosed scientists have no doubt scoffed at the idea. But other situations exist, for example the case of the Dogon people of western Africa, whereby advanced astronomical knowledge seems to have been acquired by otherwise primitive people and handed down over many generations.

In a similar style and approach to "Civilisation One", Knight and Butler have studied the numerical and geometrical relationships between the Earth, Moon and Sun and have come up with some very startling facts - all of which could mean absolutely nothing, of course, but it's all there to stimulate the reader and provide some food for thought. They also touch on religious aspects, which weren't really my cup of tea, but of course, there is a body of "creationist" thinkers out there with whom this would strike a chord.

Having read and enjoyed Knight and Lomas's "Uriel's Machine" I got a distinct feeling of repetition in a lot of the passages here. Maybe the available material for the "Hollow Moon Theory" was not strong enough and the authors needed to pad things out a little. Knight himself has stated in interviews that this "trilogy" of books is really one continuous train of thought and research.

Not five stars this time, I'm afraid, but a fascinating read nevertheless.
on 25 August 2010
I found this book to be truly fascinating. I read a few reviews here and as usual am disappointed by the lack of genuine support for the theories and questions things book generates. The facts and figures are unquestionably accurate and the conclusions are very interesting indeed. There are no answers to the hows and whys regarding the moon. There is no answer to why life (DNA) has come to be. And time travel is mathmatically possible even if we have not actually acheived it. With the progress humans have made in the last 100 years then everything is this book is entirely possible and actually makes sense.

I understand that the ideas put forward will be a stretch for most but try disproving them... its not going to happen. A brilliant book, a fascinating read and a truly life changing perspective on many fundamental questions that have, up until now, been unanswered.
on 15 December 2014
The mystery of this object and its significance to intelligent life on earth are detailed in this book. A scientific and mathematical assessment of the moon results in a theory of how it has come about which is only for the open minded. It is hard to ignore the findings and I find it fascinating when viewed against revelations of ETs on the moon from inside NASA itself and confirmed by relatives of the astronauts who first landed on the moon who were threatened in the worst way possible not to talk. The Sirius Disclosure project of Steven Greer is the credible source of these revelations and any open minded intelligent person who looks into these will be astounded at what they find. It is the worlds biggest secret and cannot be easily discussed amongst the human population, most of whom are kept ignorant by the establishment machine in general. The idea scares the living daylights out of many people, I find anyway. They don't even know how Earth is ruled although an abundance of bankrupt nations with no sustainable future gives you a clue that its not our governments any more.
on 15 June 2006
Quite remarkable. I came to this unusual book after it was studied by the National Science Teachers Association and found to have a case that required an answer. The maths used in this book are simple, clear and inescapably accurate. I see one reviewer has suggested (without substantiation) that the authors are in some way numerically illiterate. Not so.

People prefer to see proof of what they already believe to be true and it is obviously disconcerting when a book like this brings up so many inconvenient facts. A growing number of scientists are now realising the dishonesty that exists to protect old ideas. Terance Kealey a clinical biochemist and the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Buckingham has observed "Scientists actually treat facts the way barristers treat hostile witnesses... it is a myth that working scientists always respect falsifiability. Scientists often ignore inconvenient findings".

Anyone who likes to think for themselves should read this fascinating book and deal with the facts as they stand.
on 3 May 2014
Interesting and the number relationships are surprising. I wonder if some of these relationships are linked though. I.e. How many independent relationships? The 'whack' theory too easily dismissed as the principal objection was the unlikelihood of a second collision to adjust the angular momentum. However, later in the book, it is explained how the tidal effect is a mechanism to transfer energy to the moon, and it is not explained why this couldn't be the agent for slowing the earths rotation without needing to invoke an unlikely second whack. The suggestion of a hidden message in our DNA is pure speculation and is not justified. I keep an open mind, but I have to say I remain unconvinced. Nevertheless, an interesting read to while away the time on a sunbed!
on 26 April 2014
Very interesting. Although quite hard to believe. The moon just looks too big for it to have been artificially made. Makes you think though .
on 18 February 2015
A really fabulous read. Do have a couple of niggles. Early in the book the author asks that people keep an open mind and give his findings and explanations a chance but later in the book complains about the beliefs of others as being nonsense (my words) - this is obviously very contrary and loses the author some points.

My other niggle is (which I find to be a common problem with alternative view writers) that the author presents all the facts and evidence but later continues by making many assumptions as to the surrounding history and reasoning behind their findings etc., Please stick to the facts and make it very clear when you are making conjecture and hypothesising.

It does make sense and to be honest I believe many folk are not swallowing the line we have been fed for eons about many things. We just need to read up and wise up I guess:-)