5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant introduction to geology and metallurgy, 11 April 2009
Kristin "I read so I don't kill people!" (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Earthly Treasure (Hardcover)
A friends 8 year old boy was very interested in crystals, and when he found out I had studied metals and crystals asked to know some more. Knowing most of my scientific stuff ends in him asking to be told again when he's older(!) I thought a book would be ideal.

The fact that this book was Eden project backed swung it for me, and I wasn't disappointed. The book is a great overview of the subjects, starting with a great pop up of a house and how it would all fall apart without the minerals from the ground. Other pop ups cover history, mining, gems, metals and fossils and fuels. Nothing in too much detail, being a pop up, but no talking down to the children either. There are 5 main pop up pages, all of which have lots of extra flaps, sub pop ups and good detail. The pictures are fun and cartoon like without playing down the machinery and sub soil stuff. My particular favourites were the recycling and fossil fuels sections.

Even with a degree in it all, I still found it enjoyable to read myself - just quality checking of course! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 20 Nov 2012
B. Stansfield - See all my reviews
This review is from: Earthly Treasure (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book with lots of very interesting information for young and old alike. Informative and fun. My 6 yer old loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One to read again and again, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Earthly Treasure (Hardcover)
I bought this for my almost 4 year old and while I think its really too advanced for him, he loves it and wants to read it all the time. So much is packed into this book, loads of flaps and very educational

Earthly Treasure
Earthly Treasure by Kate Petty (Hardcover - 4 Sep 2008)
12.99