4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling read, controversial subject
How accurate or complete this telling of Dawn Annandale's time running an escort agency is I do not know. Whether she has made the right choices for herself, her children, and those around her, is something only they will know with any certainty - certainly different people reading Dawn's books will have their own views (and many people will pre-judge without even reading...
Published on 30 Dec. 2009 by J. S. Hardman

2.0 out of 5 stars The Lady doth Protest...Too Much
I enjoyed Call Me Elizabeth but with this one I really did feel that Madam protesteth too much. How can moving five times in as many years be 'best for the children', which is the book's mantra? They go from the first place (un-named) to Rochester, to Sutton-on-Sea, to Folkestone and then to Spain. How unsettling is that for a family of six children? Plus, she gives up a...
Published on 28 Jan. 2009 by Zarla

3.0 out of 5 stars Call me madam, 23 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam (Paperback)
The first one ' call me Elizabeth' was brilliant, this one A bit boring, I felt that she was trying to just fill the book up... Not like the first one, this one just felt like a diary than anything else.

2.0 out of 5 stars I believe she has wrote a book of lies, 15 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam (Paperback)
I purchased "Call me Elizabeth" interesting then when I googled the woman a lot of news was about her false allegation of rape in order to delay court proceedings! She had mentioned she had been raped in her book her second book was on its way to me.

I must I have found it extremely boring, disbeliefs and more importantly wholly not possible in what she is saying!! she runs an advert in a local paper no website no photos of the girls and runs a postage stamp advert and that is it she is apparently inundated with phone calls and girls scrambling to work at her agency!! RUBBISH!!

She ran a mortgage 5 private school fees all on running an agency from a small advert!! lies yes as a working girl she could this as in her previous book but doing this no.

I don't believe her and also believe she is a manipulative messed up woman to this day!

I have not finished the book as of yet as it is all a bit too far fetched.

If she was doing so well how come she had the landlord on her back after her first book!

Her next book should be titled " The whole truth, and nothing but the truth"

5.0 out of 5 stars call me madam, 17 April 2012
Ajm Fernandez "AjmF"Bognor"" (Sussex U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam (Paperback)
really good book I could not put it down and was sad when it finished cant wait for her next book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 2 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam (Paperback)
I read Call Me Elizabeth when it was released, and found it an eye-opening and honest read. In a discussion with a friend last week, I learned that a follow-up had been written, so was keen to read that and find out how Dawn's story had moved on. Like the first book, this one was well-written and I enjoyed the writing style, but my sympathies with the author were far less. I could understand the raw desperation in Call Me Elizabeth, but couldn't quite get to grips with her motivations here, and it struck me as someone who wanted an "easy" way to fund an extravagant lifestyle - this is backed up even more when one reaches the epilogue in the book. I also couldn't understand how surprised and hurt she was to be the subject of local gossip - surely to be expected, expected, no? That aside, I would recommend this book, and read it in the space of a day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 2 Nov. 2010
S. White (Cambs UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam (Paperback)
As with the first book, I was absolutely hooked from the first page and could not put it down. Like it or not, there is something about the subject matter that is utterly compelling that drives you to read on to understand the motivation behind the job.

Whilst I do not necessarily agree with all the choices this lady has made, I totally and utterly respect her honsety, drive and determination. I highly recommend this book, it's a fascinating read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read....., 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam (Paperback)
Excellent factual book by a good author and devoted mother. Dawn known how to record "facts of life" in an interesting way that make this book well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Brilliant, 20 July 2009
C. Jones "Bookworm" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam (Paperback)
I loved how honest this book was. It really gives an emotional view of how situations can drive you to do things. I personally enjoy reading all types of books about prostitution and the affects it has on each woman's life. I think these women should not be judged for what they do but understood as to why they do it. This book is a must for anyone who thinks it is ok to judge people on what they do rather than why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam (Paperback)
Very good follow up book

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Dec. 2014
Great read

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 27 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam (Paperback)
A very "real" account of how a mother of 5 kids pays the bills. I enjoyed it because it was like having a chat face to face with the author. No glammed up stories, just a real account of her experiences. I would recommend this book. I never became bored or tired while reading it.

Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam
Call Me Madam: From Mother to Madam by Dawn Annandale (Paperback - 1 May 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01