4.0 out of 5 stars what your mother was always telling you
Pierre Pallardy spends a lot of the opening chapters explaining his history and how his experiences have led him to write this book. He backs it up with medical facts and has researched the book well.

It is full of common sense, a skill most of us seem have lost in the hysteria of diet and health scare books out there.

It is a welcome relief to read...
Published on 24 Nov 2006 by Barbbro2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Gut Feelings.
Published on 4 April 2009 by Ms. D. E. Derioz

4.0 out of 5 stars what your mother was always telling you, 24 Nov 2006

It is a welcome relief to read that we instinctivly know what is good for us, and what food intolerances we have. We don't need to spend a fortune on pills and tests. If we all slowed down our eating and listened to our second brain, the stomach, we have answers to greater health.

Its easy, diet and exercise and relaxation...we all know it, but would prefer to hear a miracle from the scare mongers. The author gives his readers credit for their own intelligence and actions. A rare thing in the health food book world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising and really helpful, 28 Jun 2006
Anne (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have to admit I was a little sceptical when I first read about this book in the Sunday Times, but it has really surprised me. It's based on the idea that the stomach and the abdomen in general are particularly important to our overall health and that looking after them can help with specific illnesses as well as general wellbeing. The author prescribes a range of treatments, including breathing exercises, slow eating, self massage and what he calls "abdominal meditation" (that bit is taking me a bit of time to get used to, but makes sense when you read the book). I've already noticed I feel a lot better after a week of doing the exercises and making a few changes to how I eat (not eating in such a rush for example) and am definitely going to keep up with the meditation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gut Feelings., 4 April 2009
Ms. D. E. Derioz "Dianella" (Devon. U.K.) - See all my reviews
A very succinct summary of the many ways ailments that can be linked to the stomach; it is a little like the Pilates idea, that if you strengthen the centre, the rest of the body will fall into place; I like the simple lay out of the contents; it makes it easy to go directly to areas that interest you particularly. If I have a criticism, it is that the author attributes so many illnesses to problems in the stomach area, but this may be ignorance on my part. I think the stomach massage is a brilliant technique, which he explains very clearly, and am using it myself, to great effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Putting the guts back into your treatment, 14 April 2011
This review is from: Gut Instinct: What Your Stomach is Trying to Tell You: 7 easy steps to health and healing (Paperback)
In his book 'Gut Instinct' Peirre Pallardy makes the case for including a consideration of gut health into personal healthcare. The new science of the 'second brain' allows us to think of the gut connection in cases of stress, GI problems, allergies and general malaise because of the rich interconnection of the abdominal nervous system, the cental nervous system, the interconnection of the lymphatics in this area and the various possibilities of interactions and neural feedback between the viscera and the cranial nerves. Whether you think in eastern or western terms about these organs and systems there is much here to consider.
However the primary reason for recommending this book is that it contains some very useful self-help techniques to maiantain gut health, in an age of pressure for people to reach for the latest gut pill or potion this should be to huge interest to people who suffer for gut misery.
For therapists this is book provides an useful tool to educate people about gut health and a simple set of interventions to assist in self-treatment.

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, 8 Aug 2013
This book seems to be an advertisement for Mr Pallardy's `I am so amazing, I have cured all these people, except the one's who didn't listen to me!'. Having said that, it gives some interesting arguments and, if you are in chronic pain, anything is worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 28 Sep 2012
It's ana amazing book, that will teach you the breathing skills and give you other advice regarding excercise, food and lifestyle changes. It will change your life, once you re-learn how to breathe. It;s the most extraordinary how little changes that YOU can do without spending any money, can make so much difference. It helps me when I'm little anxious and feel those butterflies in my stomach. The breathing tecnique calms my belly, I'm very happy with the results.The book is a breath of fresh air in a world that tries to sell you things that supposedly should cure your ailments, but in reality it makes it worse. This book gives you tools to deal with your own health in a simple and informative way.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 18 Oct 2014
Seems to only help overweight people. Not people who need to gain weight

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug 2014
Very fast delivery-Excellent Product

4.0 out of 5 stars Gut Instinct, 1 Jan 2013
A simply, and well written book with some excellent information for looking after your gut. Good to read quickly or to dip into as required.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gut Instinct, 13 Oct 2011
I have found this book extremely helpful. Admittedly I am still reading it. This booked is helping me to understand the fact that there is a possibility we do have 2 brains, the other one being in the stomach. Hence the saying 'butterflies in the stomach'. Also this book is helping me to understand the reason of why I feel as I do at times. I would recommend this book to anyone having problems with anxiety, etc.