Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 December 2013
I have followed the House of Night series all the way through, waiting for each new installment, although admittedly with less enthusiasm for each one, so when this came in at the library for me I was pleased to have it but not overly excited which is why I didn't start it straight away. In fact I only started to read it because someone else was waiting for it.

The end of the previous book was a bit more exciting, rather explosive events and changes coming so this book should have been exciting but if I am perfectly honest this book really wasn't much of anything in my opinion. For a book that is just over 300 pages it really doesn't give you much, in fact I can summarise the whole thing in one sentence - someone dies, Neferet returns, Zoey gets anger issues and is confused between two guys and some crazy guy has anger issues. That's about it, it's just so drawn out. I sat and read this pretty much all in one go (we had a power cut so there wasn't really much else to do) and I just kept waiting for more.

This book feels very much like a filler novel, one to put across a few scenarios and bits of information that will be needed for the final book to come. The only bit I really liked was the growing bond between Stevie-Rae and Rephaim and how their powers grew.

There is quite a lot of swearing in this book, but there has been throughout the series so it wasn't a surprise but I still don't think it's entirely necessary.

I don't really know what else to say about it, I will probably read the next book as it's supposed to be the final one, so I will see the series to the end now I've come this far, but I sincerely hope it's a lot more exciting than this one was.
on 29 October 2013
I was so excited to get this instalment of the series, I am a huge HON fan. This book has really disappointed me, not very long with an achingly slow plot plus nothing really happens until the last part of the book. I will still be buying the last one next year, as I want to see how Zoey and her friends end up, but I cant help but think that P.C and Kristen have dragged this out until the bitter end.
on 21 November 2013
For the first time after loving all the other books i'm starting to get really bored of the series. This book had no real substance and just went boringly on about the same things as the last book with no exciting page turner moments whatsoever. I actually considered putting it down and never picking it back up again after a couple of chapters. The authors are now just clearly trying to squeeze as much dosh out of this series as they can before putting us out of our misery with the final book. I've heard there are 2 more coming out before it ends (yawn). What started out being fresh, different and exciting is now just repetative boring and dull. What a shame.
on 7 November 2013
The book was overpriced, short and frankly boring. Nothing new happened and despite being well written it was pretty unimaginative. I love this series but I really felt this book was a let down. It basically just reconfirmed everything that the last book already told us.

A real shame.
on 21 October 2013
Nothing really happens in this particular installment of the series. The story tells what we already knew - the team defeated Neferet, Aurox shares Heath's soul and Kalona serves the high priestess. No action, nothing new, same overused descriptions and lingo. A clear example of a story exhausting itself.
on 18 February 2014
It is nice to continue the story but felt this book was a fluffer to the next book...it was a little predictable and then the story picked up right at the end. I'm afraid I was a little disappointed with Revealed.
on 24 May 2014
This series could be so much more. It just felt rushed like they were on a time line and were more interested in the money for the book than the actual series its self. This whole series could amazing but i think that this latest book and the way it was written has spoiled the series. Im praying (To our Goddess) that the last book will totally change my mind and be interesting and amazing, cause this book just wasn't !
on 14 November 2013
Love this book and love the series. However, compared to others in the series, this book is a lot slower and there is not so much of the storyline in it. Zoey continues as a High Priestess in training but is begining to show the effects of 'old magic' which changes her character. There are twists and turns in the story I did not expect...
I'm not sure how much further this series goes as I feel it is coming to an end. BUT i hope it continues for a few more books yet. I hope the next one is not long it coming and is a bit more faster paced but if you have read the others.. then you must read this. It is not really a standalone book.
on 3 June 2014
The HON is a good read however I would definitely not recommend this for the young due to the content although this is mild in places. Every time I put this book down, it always left me wanting to read more and is highly addictive. I would recommend this for those who enjoyed the Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer or the City of books by Cassandra Clare as they are all fantasy/love stories about Vampires, werewolves etc.
on 5 March 2014
Iv read all these books and loved them but this one is slow ,terrible and I struggled to read it .a let down .