on 7 March 2007
If you know nothing about trading then this is a must read if you are interested in making money.

The content is excellent, well written and extremely informative. Throughout are warnings of the `real' financial risks involved, but the level of comprehension gained from reading the book is/could be priceless.
on 13 December 2007
Don't be mislead by the fact that this is easy to read; there are useful and meaningful messages on every page. Professional traders have their experience already, but for those of us trying to get from being a nervous or incompetent amateur, to a competent and controlled investor/trader, then this has to be the book! Nothing like learning from someone elses' mistakes and experiences, and Robbie shares these in a candid manner.

There are plenty of tips and guidance for us to practice things before they cost us our 'trading bank', and lots of Rules that really are common sense as well as being safe trading styles.

Although having read lots of technical 'learn how to trade' books, my lack of regular profit, and source of most of my mistakes was probably because I didn't have anyone to share or test my 'this should work' ideas with. When reading the book you feel as if you're with a very succesful mate who'se got the same interest and intentions that you have, but he's enjoying opening up his ideas to let you join him in doing something in a way that works.

I know this book doesn't give guarantees to make a fortune, but I'm confident it will guide and help me, reduce my errors, help me keep the profits I have made, and be a great reference to keep dipping back into to keep me on the right tracks.

This one has earned a recommendation; now I'm dipping back into it to clear up another query that I've thought of!!!!

I hope others enjoy it as much as I am

Ted Fullelove
on 23 October 2005
The book is a very good introduction to investing in the stockmarket. It is easy to read and gives good advice. I wanted to be able to dip into its 276 pages to find particular topics, such as stop-loss, but the index is useless. For one website (ADVFN) the index gives over 50 separate pages, which is no help to the reader. The index is also incomplete(no Bimec or SEAQ). The index breaks every rule of indexing and the bad index spoils the potentially good book.
on 1 January 2014
I did not use it much as I use moneyweek free site where they do tutorials.I wanted to manage my own pension and buy ethical shares.The book was o.k but honestly its difficult to know enough about a company and I used to run my own business so am used to balance sheets .Warren Buffett recommends a low cost tracker like vanguard but that includes companies I dont want to invest in .I think this book is o.k but the advfn site isnt easy to use ,the hargreaves lansdowne one is simple for starters.Remmeber the prices are very volatile in these times.Also after a short time you start getting offers for services which no doubt Robbie gets a cut and I was annoyed, also you do have to apy for advfn site after a while.Good luck
on 4 September 2015
Very please with order Thank You.
on 26 March 2010
The book is a good guide to the stock market, but I found the constant childish jibes at Gordon Brown got annoying after a while.
on 11 January 2015
Very happy as I expected.
on 20 October 2014
Worth every penny - Mike
on 17 October 2014
Thanks great book
on 12 January 2014
This book could have been a 100-page introduction to trading, which I would have given maybe 3.5 stars. However, the little useful information in this book is heavily diluted to nearly 400 pages by awful jokes that make you cringe, and various advertisements for products, websites, the author's seminars, and affiliate links to data services (the author gets paid a commission every time you follow one of the "special offer" links in the book).

If you're absolutely new to trading and don't know the difference between spread betting and a normal trading account, or if you want to know what level 2 data means, there might be a few bits of useful information in the book, but as I said, you have to wade through the nonsense in order to get to it.

Be warned however, that some of his advice is dangerously simplistic. For example he tells about how he asked his wife about who makes the most popular handbags, and bought shares in that company. Or he went into a shop and received bad service, and therefore shorted the stock. This kind of trading can easily lead to big losses.

I'm not exaggerating about the bad jokes; they significantly detract from the reading experience. For example, on page 78 he devotes an ENTIRE PAGE to a nonsensical "The Naked Trader Guide to Market Jargon", containing things like "Profits: what you used to make before you started share trading", and "Stock split: When your ex-wife and your lawyer split your assets equally between them". Oddly enough, there is actually no serious explanation given later for any of these terms, thus demonstrating that trying to be funny is more important to the author than actually getting useful information across.

Overall, the book is very gimmicky, is aimed at novices, and is basically a facility for him to advertise his website, his seminars, and make money from commissions he gets from you clicking on his links.