5.0 out of 5 stars A Genealogists Must Have On The Book Shelf!!!
There are many books on the subject of genealogy reference, so much so, it is a nightmare and a daunting experience as to which reference books to plumb for. Peter Christian, has produced such a book, that is written in plain English, for the beginner and more advanced genealogist. The book is chronological in format with the most uptodate references of internet resources...
Published on 30 April 2006 by V J

3.0 out of 5 stars Family tree on the Internet made easy
Just the book for me, easy to read, clear advice and references to enable me to stuck into my family tree.Well pleased.
Published 8 months ago by roger

5.0 out of 5 stars Genealogy on the Net, 19 Dec 2009
H. D. Taylor (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Genealogist's Internet (Paperback)
This publication will be the answer to all Genealogists Web site queries which are given in a full and clear manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Time Genealogist's Should Buy This Book, 5 Dec 2010
If you are new to Genealogy - this book is for you.

Having watched Who Do You Think You Are, I was keen to have a go myself. The trouble is that it can be so complicated! I did a little research and this book seemed to fit the bill - and I was right.

The book is good in the sense that whether you are a first time genealogist, or a seasoned one, there is something in here for everyone. The book is well written in chronological order, with references to a number of websites. Having said all that, there is nothing like experience. What I found is that you need to get on and actually do your family tree - and this is where you can then pick up the book for reference. I started off by reading the book in its entirety even before I had started researching my tree - and so I was a little confused.

Having now used the book for a while whilst researching my family tree, it is a valuable reference source of information on a day to day basis.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of The Genealogist's Internet, 10 July 2009
L. Wise - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Genealogist's Internet (Paperback)
This is not a book to be read through at a sitting and then discarded but is one to be kept on the shelf and looked at whenever you have a spare moment, as well as when you need specific guidance.

Succinctly and without frills, it covers just about everything that anyone with an interest in the subject might want to glean from the internet, at a reasonable price, and tells you where to find it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Genealogist's Internet, 19 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Genealogist's Internet (Paperback)
I've read many books purporting to explain how the internet can help your Family History research. This one, the 4th edition of The Genealogist's Internet, is by far the best. Not only does it contain more lucidly-explained methods and a huge number of up to date web addresses, it is written by an expert, Peter Christian.
Originally I borrowed a copy from my local library but it is so full of information that I just had to buy my own copy.
Well done Peter and thank you

David Ward

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 July 2014
useful

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful manual, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Genealogist's Internet (Paperback)
A very useful manual for my internet search into my family history.Great value and delivered exactly as promised and well on time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Family tree on the Internet made easy, 21 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars genealogists internet, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Genealogist's Internet (Paperback)
very good book, plenty to refer to and quite in depth. Probably better for beginners to refer to. Very pleased with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Genealogists Internet, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Genealogist's Internet (Paperback)
I have so far only had time to look through what this book has to offer and am very pleased with what appears to be a very comprehensive collection of useful information . I can see that it could well become a sort of essential item to keep on my desk. I would have considered it excellent value for money at its normal price so to have copy which looks unused so cheaply is a bonus . I am sure it will not look unused for long . Information about finding even more information could be invaluable . Would certainly recommend for that . Not perhaps a book for the social history side , but clues seem to be there to point reader in right direction .

5.0 out of 5 stars genealogist, 6 May 2011
Just the thing for learning how to track down your ancestors if your into genealogy good read and full of information good buy for the price

The Genealogist's Internet
The Genealogist's Internet by Peter Christian (Paperback - 27 Feb 2009)
Used & New from: 0.01