5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down.
We have been programed to think of psychopaths as violent criminals like Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy or movie characters like Norman bates.
Thomas Sheridans Puzzling People explains the real nature of the psychopath, this evolutionary offshoot that walks among us, this small percent of the population have the same symptom, namely a complete lack of conscience. The...
Published 19 months ago by Sean O'Connell

2.0 out of 5 stars Psychopaths rule our world
Published on 31 Oct 2011 by Niall

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Psychopaths rule our world, 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath (Paperback)
I think Sheridan's book serves as a helpful synopsis of the research into humanity's intra-species predator. It doesn't beat delving into the original reading material itself (Without Conscience, Snakes in Suits, Sociopath Next Door, Political Ponerology, etc) but it's a good starting point into what is at once a complex topic and yet something that can be readily grasped by anyone inclined to invest a little time and energy into understanding the single greatest problem facing the world.

I particularly liked Sheridan's framing of the problem in terms of a psychopathic control grid. This meta-concept relates directly to, and encapsulates, the research undertaken by Polish psychologist and author Andrew Lobaczewski, who introduced the term 'Pathocracy' in Political Ponerology, a book which sketches out - often in deep detail - the workings of the 'Psychopathic Control Grid'.

I did have reservations about some of the 'secondary characteristics' he listed as markers for psychopathy, such as 'spotting the psychopath' based on visual cues originally heavily promoted in pop psychology for the very purpose of obscuring the picture (such as being able to read the condition in someone's eyes). Even the best psychotherapists are fooled from time to time.

My niggling doubts became serious worries when I read Sheridan's follow-up book, Defeated Demons. Here he takes his 'psycho spotting' to a whole new level, at one point saying that they can be discerned by their eclectic music collection:

"A genuine psychopath will have the most bizarre music collections. Everything from Doris Day to death metal, there will be no consistency based on actual emotion or style. To the psychopath, it music [sic] merely serves as potential props to manipulate others; bespoke tastes for their bespoke personas." [p.96]

Without any evidence to back up his claims, Sheridan expounds such statements with absolute certainty and presenting himself as an authority on psychopathy. He's not really, although his talks on the subject have certainly garnered a lot of attention and a slot on the anti-New World Order conference circuit.

While it's good to see the information getting out, buyers should beware that Sheridan appears to have lifted entire texts from posts on the Cassiopaea forum, where SOTT.net researchers have been discussing psychopathy, psychopaths and psychopaths-in-power for over a decade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 Mar 2013
Simply one of the best books on the subject that I have ever read. This book has given me the know how and the strength to get away from the psychopath who was in my life for more than 12 years - I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multiple persona in " Puzzling People", 2 Feb 2012
This is a really precious book and it is the sort of book that we all need.
For me, just like for anyone, who is utterly confused by the maelstrom that is life with a psychopath, this book has been the best so far, and so I recommend it to you.

I spent 30 years trying to figure it all out from the perspective of normality, which is all that most of us understand. By then I had a veritable library of supportive research and books, because I think that we all find that understanding this problem, goes a long way towards support and healing.

There was one aspect that was at that time still largely missing from the studies ,and that is about the outstanding and incredible skill of the multiple masks and the rapid switch of masks from one into another, each being a complete persona each with separate viewpoints and memories. The longest personas lasted for 18 years, with short term expedient personas switched on top of the main one, in order for the owner of these false facades , not to be cornered or exposed. These are multiple masks on the move.

So after all that time,I have found that, a major characteristic of false faces, so expertly juggled, has been covered in this book, and I now have some certainty about what I have been existing through. A living hell and wasted life requires at the very least, an understanding of how it works and why! So for anyone who is looking for an up to date, comprehensive expose of psychopathic characteristics , all given in a clear, readable and reasonable way, with a realistic approach to enabling one to deal with it, here is a book that might be wise to read and to share.

I wish you all the most heartfelt wishes for success with your endeavours to deal with this, and so a great many thanks to the author for this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible and Life-Saving, 24 July 2011
After years of being unable to concentrate enough to read a whole book (despite once being an avid bookworm), I have just read this book twice in the space of 24 hours. It is absolutely brilliant and if you have ever been ripped apart by a psychopath from the School of Satan, you MUST read this book. It will finally free you.
I had intended to write a book myself and I was stunned to find that this book contains every word that was in my head about these monsters that destroy souls. It echoes many of the things I had written myself on my blogs.
Until I read this astonishing book, I kept thinking I was further on in my recovery than I actually was. This book unlocked the last barbed chain around my soul.
Thank you, Thomas Sheridan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant insight, 13 May 2011
This book has helped me to understand who psychopaths really are. When reading this, you'll be asking yourself: Why no one ever explained this to me? Why wasn't I told about this anywhere - at school or college?

My understanding of a psychopath, like most people, was: psychopath is a vicious cold-blooded serial killer or a 'sick' cult leader etc. Couldn't be further from the truth, as I thankfully found out. Only a very small percent of psychopaths actually commit punishable crimes. Most of them just use others, in the same way we use things, to their advantage without feeling of guilt/'biting' conscience or any feelings or conscience at all for that matter. Once they have taken what they wanted from you and you are no longer 'of any use' to them, they move on to next person-target.

Information about this phenomenon is purposefully supressed and misinterpreted in main stream media.

Puzzling People is invaluable for anyone who has been or still is victim of a psychopath. And you might be without knowing. This book will help you understand the magnitude of what you are being/have been subjected to and why. You will be able to recognize psychopaths in your life and avoid them or deal with them if you can't avoid contact with them (e.g. your boss/colleague at workplace, a family member etc).

Having been a victim of psychopath in the past myself i didn't know that i'd be reading the story of my life when I picked up this book! I read about EVERYTHING that actually happened to me. I felt like finally someone understands the sheer amount of manipulation and lies I was exposed to and went through. (Psychopaths lie like they breathe, one as much as the other and are absolutely proficient in this without fear of being 'caught' lying and without remorse).
It also helped me realize how many people are going through the same emotional torture. If you are a victim of psychopath, you are not alone! Quite the opposite. You'll be amazed to learn, how many people share almost exactly same 'experience' of psychopaths. The stories of victims are so simmilar as is thinking and behaviour patterns of psychopaths. Only when you don't understand who psychopath really is, you can't understand, what is going on. Because it is so far divorced from anything you consider normal.
It was an excellent easy read and helped me tremendously. Higly recommend to everyone! You'll discover a new world around you, literally... My greatest thanks to the author for this revelatory masterpiece!

5.0 out of 5 stars Puzzling People by Thomas Sheridan, 9 July 2011
This book starts off well and gets even better as it goes on. I recognised people I have known in the past, know now and - thanks to this book - hope NOT to know in the future. Rather unfortunately, however, it is apparent that these puzzling people are among the leaders of our world today and so it is therefore impossible to take the best advice of the author, which is No Contact Ever Again.

I loved this book and would recommend it to everyone, including the puzzling people themselves so that they know we're on to them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars '5ir Sheridan' at his best, 19 Oct 2013
I'm 1/3 through reading this book and am really enjoying it so far, with my cheetos and coke. His writing style is very energetic, quick, and intriguing. There are things wrote in the book that I didn't even know, who da thought that would be possible, hey? The fact that it is an enjoyable read gives it a quick tempo, so you don't get bored...if you want boredom Vaknin style might just suit you.

Anyway, he has obviously had experiences of these FRUITCAKES. There are, like with any book, a couple of things I slightly disagree with but they are trivial. But unlike the flying saucer cults it would be misleading for me to say they are a big deal, and these couple of points I disagree simply due to the fact that they might apply to both a psychopath and non-psychopath, for example: if someone dies the psychopath is likely to say, 'oh my relative died that way too' and this is to manipulate. Normal people have been known to use that technique too even when not true. The key difference is that it isn't to manipulate but to help the other person cope with the pain by giving them a shoulder to cry on. People who are extremely upset are difficult sometimes to reach out to, and sometimes a lie can go a long way. I will admit, I've done this but never to manipulate or get in there with that person.

So, I will complete my review once I finished the book but if you want to find out about the workings and day to day activities of these muppets then Sheridan's smack down on psychoprats is definitely for you. And for a couple of coins, well worth the buy people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Brilliance - must read and support!, 23 Nov 2012
Miss (BRISTOL, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Let's keep things of value supported and this book is of infinite worth - so buy it! Thomas Sheridan also gives radio interviews and his own vlogs - most of which you can find on youtube - I have almost watched them all and these are brilliantly insightful and empower you similarly but in my opinion you really find out a lot more in the books so buy them now because in this case - it's better EARLY than never and it ultimately provides solutions and well-being. How amazing is that By the way - you need to get both books - but if you can only buy one at a time - either will do - a little knowledge goes a very long way. Here's to your empowerment and big love to Thomas, he is one of my greatest hero's - the confidence you have to have to expose this in the face of accepted 'fact' is very admirable - everyone should thank him personally!

5.0 out of 5 stars The most helpful guide and support book I have ever read!! :), 29 May 2013
"Dedicated to the Victims of Psychopaths Everywhere.
It wasn't your fault, you are not alone, and you no longer need to suffer"

Amazing words from the Foreword that give an almost immediate emotional release in some way....

This book is the best guide and support in the known universe for help with detoxing , understanding and recovering from an Abusive / Toxic relationship.

Thomas Sheridan is Bringing the Subject of Psychopaths to the Everyday reader, for everybody to understand them, for us to understand what has happened to us when the abuser/user has moved on to the next target.

This book also helps us understand aspects of ourselves... personally, for me, the part explaining infatuation and the subsequent use and abuse leading to the eventual drain and dump rings very true. After reading this I now understand the type of relationships or people that I was attracting , where I may have gone wrong, so now hopefully i'll be able to move on and explore healthier relationships based upon respect. Proper Love is the enrichment of both peoples lives instead of feeling like a servant or underling. There is hope for us all , so don't worry :)

Thankyou for writing Thomas :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and accessible, 1 Oct 2011
Thomas Sheridan's book is very accessible and yet provides a detailed and helpful analysis of the behaviour of psychopathic people and their impact on those who have to live or work with them. I read the book because I had heard about Thomas' work on the subject and read excerpts of his comments. I was also curious about whether his book might shed light on encounters I had endured with individuals in the past who had behaved in, to borrow Thomas' own phrase, puzzling ways. The book affirmed for me my own instincts at the time and helped unravel contradictions I had not been able to explain before. I found this book immensely reassuring. I strongly recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath
Puzzling People: The Labyrinth of the Psychopath by Thomas Sheridan (Paperback - 1 Mar 2011)