TV Cream toys has a surprise in store for everyone. If you think you remember all the toys you had or wanted as a kid, this book guarantees to show you one you'd forgotten about for over a decade. Thats the magic of it. For me the 'Purple People Eater' and the 'Merit Chemistry Set' struck a chord of joy. It's cool, its beautifully designed and bloody funny.
Published on 25 Jan 2008 by Mr. A. Peters

3.0 out of 5 stars Call me old fashioned but...
Whilst this book is fun to flick through I found the wording really unnecessary, especially as I was flicking through it with my 7 year old nephew who is very good at reading!

Heading under Speak & Spell - remedial alphabet tutor

Sorry! Ludo for bastards.

Barbie. The whore next door
Published on 16 July 2011 by world cyclist

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the bible for people who were children of the seventies and eighties, 25 Jan 2008
This review is from: TV Cream Toys: Presents You Pestered Your Parents for (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Blast of Nostalgia, 29 Jan 2008
Steve's book gave me real physical pain from all the rose-tinted yearning it caused me to do. Brilliantly researched, frequently very funny, but most of all an essential purchase for grown-up children of a certain age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 Jan 2008
Peter Lee (Manchester ,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is one of those great books you find yourself flicking through, stopping every few pages to loudly exclaim "I had one of those!" to the annoyance of all around you. Big Trak, Star Bird, Crossfire, Action Man, Sindy, Cascade - they're all here. Clearly a labour of love, Steve Berry has worked wonders on this wonderful book, and the humorous text is a joy to read. Even my girlfriend loved it, frequently snatching it off me to do the same flick, point, shriek "I always wanted one of those!" thing I'd been annoying her with for the last hour or so. A cracker of a book.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'A Great Fun Conversation Starter', 17 Dec 2007
Antony May (East Sussex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
If you are aged between 30 and 45 and would like to revisit your childhood for a moment or two you will love this book. Full of colour, the text in this book is both light hearted, cheeky and informative (there's even a rough guide to each items Ebay value!). It's an ideal 'coffee table' book and is packed with photographs and information about of so many of the popular toys and games from yesteryear (and my youth!). For example, do you remember 'Haunted House' game (the one where you put the skull down the chinmey)? Or 'Battling Tops' (Wind 'em up and let 'em go!). Yes, of course you do (if your my age (42) HA HA) and I bet you loved 'Cross Fire' (shoot the puck with the marble guns to score a goal) collected 'Top Trumps' and played with loads of 'Action Man' toys too! Happy memories coming back yet? I bet they are and that's the real joy of this book. Show this to a group of your friends and I guarantee you'll have a lot of fun reminiscing about which of the toy's and games in this book you once owned! Well, I'm off now for a ride around the block on my 'Chopper'! BUY AND ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 24 Nov 2007
Hannah Wort "plecko" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought back lots of memories from my childhood. Buy it! I guarentee the toys you forgot you ever had will be in there. It is tres cool :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl's World, 4 Feb 2008
Very funny, especially loved the Girl's World and Kerplunk pieces. Can't wait to buy my own future children pointless pieces of plastic one day and smile knowingly at their enchanted faces as they clap their hands in glee.

5.0 out of 5 stars "You'll Never Win!" - "Oh Yes I Will!", 25 Jan 2008
With everything covered from the obvious (Spacehoppers) to the deliciously long-forgotten (Star Bird!), this book will bring those memories of staring at toys in catalogues that you wanted but never got flooding back in seconds. Each toy has their own wittily-written entry, highlighting how they were both great and a bit rubbish at the same time, and there's loads of photos to boot. If you love toys, love a bit of a laugh and love, erm, "I Love The Seventies", you'll love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars TV Cream Toys Evoking Childhood Memories., 2 April 2012
Mr. J. Lunn "Crazy Jay" (Berkshire - UK) - See all my reviews
TV Cream Toys by Steve Berry could so easily have been another book full of facts and figures about the toys we remembered as children growing up in the 70's and 80's. It could have documented the price at the time, and the value on todays market. It could have explained their development and origins, it could even have catalogued the boxed contents, but it skims over these facts and figures to concentrate on what really matters to the child in all of us. That is of course how these toys and games made us feel, both before and after we owned them. The book goes into how they were presented to us in advertising, and more importantly, what they were actually like to play with. Were they the fantastic toy they were promoted as being, or a dust gathering disappointment?

I could happily write a review of almost any page in this brilliant book, as with each random flick of the page, you are treated to one of your childhood memories. For me it was not just toys that I had, but just seeing some reminded me of events in my life, or people I knew, and Steve's descriptions seem to mirror so many of my own recollections of them. Descriptions of setting up Action Man on the lawn, and struggling to get him to stand up, or have to shelter behind a convenient leaning, I mean hiding place. My first experience of Mattel's slime, which at the time was matched by my parents fascination of it. Just seeing Paul Daniels magic tricks brought back memories of taking my pocket money down to Rays Toys in Aldershot, and his description of the Haunted House game reminded me that I never had my own copy, but had to go to a friends to play it.

I could go on, but I won't. I wouldn't want to spoil or influence your own memories, because if you are in that 30-50 age group like myself, then you really will love this book. If you just want the boring facts and figures, of what your toys are worth now then look elsewhere. But if you still view toys as playthings to be used and abused, sometimes to the point of destruction, and want to relive the fun, then look no further you really won't regret getting this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Call me old fashioned but..., 16 July 2011

Heading under Speak & Spell - remedial alphabet tutor

Sorry! Ludo for bastards.

Barbie. The whore next door

5.0 out of 5 stars Present problems solved, 24 Jan 2008
Trouble buying for the men over 30 in your life? Not any more! This is a brilliant present for anyone who was ever a kid in the Seventies and Eighties; comprehensive and brilliantly-written.

TV Cream Toys: Presents You Pestered Your Parents for
TV Cream Toys: Presents You Pestered Your Parents for by Steve Berry (Hardcover - 1 Nov 2007)