4.0 out of 5 stars A collection of blog entries
Blood, Sweat & Tea is a collection of 'Tom Reynolds' favourite posts from his blog, random acts of reality, annotated to give updates and comment on how he now feels about what he had then written. The book is funny, tragic and intriguing all at once, and certainly dispells any misconceptions you may have had about the job of paramedics and what they can really do to save...
Published on 26 Jan 2007 by A Nanny Mousse

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but ...
Although I enjoyed around half of the entries and found them entertaining and often very touching, this book should come with a warning.... for all NHS staff who work outside of the ambulance service! While the author acknowledges that his comments are not meant to tar all NHS employees with the same brush, and definitely the shortages of staff put pressure on all, there...
Published on 13 Nov 2008 by SAH

‹ Previous | 152 53 5460 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance (Paperback)
Miserable bloke moaned whole way through he's in the wrong job. Waste of time reading I wouldn't bother and if your in the job defo don't read it.

1.0 out of 5 stars rude and unprofessional, 28 Dec 2010
He is entitled to his view, but his rude and arrogant take on his job would put me off ever calling an ambulance. Why is everone he doesn't approve of an idiot or a twit? Why is he the only professional with the patient's interest at heart? A very uncomfortable read which belies the professionalism of the many NHS staff I have known and worked with over the years.

1.0 out of 5 stars couldn't read., 19 April 2014
It would not let me try a sample. But from what I read in the book description I imagine it was a good read as I have already read the second book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars book, 11 Jan 2014
again havent read yet but intend to do so next week on my days off again i thank you x

1.0 out of 5 stars Whatever, 19 Dec 2013
As a health care professional myself I am shocked anything within the NHS is ever achieved when clearly this individual is the only one who knows anything (? everything), works hard and is so right. I probably won't bother going in tomorrow.
Egotistical, narrow minded, bigoted - just a few words that spring to mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood sweat and tea, 3 Nov 2013
This book is highly recommended and tells it like it is, very entertaining and truthful, a must read for anyone within the NHS or the just curious people out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars dark humour + new found respect, 29 Oct 2013
I was reading this on my holiday, couldn't put the book down, very interesting insight into the daily routine ( well, not much routine, more like daily adventure). I have new found respect for Ambulance Service after reading this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting incidents, 28 Oct 2013
There are some very interesting incidents which are well worth reading. It is a bit rambling in places. The prose is easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thris brought back memories., 26 Oct 2013
I found that this book was taking me back to my younger days. I worked in another branch of the emergency services and spent many hours working with ambulance crews. It is very easy to relate to the tales told. At first I thought that it was the story of a retired and slightly bitter paramedic but as it went on, I was laughing out to myself and could relate to many of the incidents. There were also some serious as well as sad stories and I too could give many similar examples. It was a really enjoyable read, and to anyone who has not worked in the Emergency Services I am sure will open their eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC!!!!!!!#, 18 Oct 2013
I think this book tells people a day or year about paramedics and it shows people what they have to put up with. I would recomend this book for more of an older generation, so like not for children. But i strongly recomwnd to get this book if your into docters, nurses and anything to do with the NHS. I read this book every night untill i finished it! I was devastated!

‹ Previous | 152 53 5460 | Next ›