5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and well thought out
This is an easy to read well thought out and generally all round good reference for welding. Dont let the farm welding title put you off. I have found this book to be an invaluable guide for starting off MIG welding
Published on 6 Feb 2008 by J. Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars When's Vol 2 comming out ?
This is an excellent book as far as it goes. Basics are spot on and well discussed, but the book could go much further for those who already weld.
How about a Vol 2 for the serious amongst us.
Published on 1 Mar 2009 by Mr. A. J. Snowdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and well thought out, 6 Feb 2008
J. Morris "Johnny Morris" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The best welding book I've read !, 20 Aug 2011
G. Graham (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Farm and Workshop Welding (Hardcover)
This is simply the best welding book I have ever read!

Don't be mislead by the word "farm" in the title - this book is applicable to farm, business, home workshop, auto, construction or fabricating welding - in fact it is truly an all-round welding book.

Previous welding books I've read have either been so basic & cover each type of welding so briefly that they are of little practical use other than an overview, or are designed for real industrial experts and go into molecular structure of metals you'll never see and so on. This book sits nicely in the middle, using language that is easy to follow, with an almost conversational style which is such a great way to teach.

"Farm and Worshop Welding" covers the major welding types in all the detail you really need to know and has lots of illustrations. It left me with no unanswered questions. In particular I found the pictures of common faults and mistakes (for one example they show you a series of welds with the voltage too low, then progressing up through the correct level to too high, which you can compare with your own results and improve your technique from - excellent) really helpful.

Covering Stick, MIG, TIG, Gas, plasma, and even plastics, it also covers techniques like cast iron welding, pipe welding and soldering. It even has a short and very useful section on smithing, using taps and dies, tool sharpening and hard facing. This is a really useful book!

The book is ideal for the home welder or person who is maybe not a professional welder but welds to repair vehicles/machinery or to fabricate one off things. Having said that, it has a place on the expert's shelf too.

I would say that this is the only book you are going to need from complete beginner who has not yet even bought a welder or used one, right up to the competent regular
welder. I recommend this book without any hesitation!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, well-written book with a humorous twist, 15 Aug 2009
This review is from: Farm and Workshop Welding (Hardcover)
Haven't tried any welding yet, lacking a welder, but I think the presentation and style of this book is right on the money for the absolute beginner. For one thing, it's made me doubt whether I need the more expensive MIG welder, or whether the good old stick welder would be more than sufficient for my simple needs. I like the writer's down-to-earth, no-nonsense approach; his humour shines through the text - I would say he probably is/was a farmer himself. I'm looking forward to getting deeper into the book and even, oo-er, buying a welder and having a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Welding book reveiw, 13 Jan 2011
This review is from: Farm and Workshop Welding (Hardcover)
I wanted an easy to read, easy to understand book to teach me basic welding. This book fills every requirement. It covers stick and MIG welding, also some basic forge work. As a bonus it also covers taps & dies. It really is a wealth of information.
I am really pleased with the book ansd would recomend it to anyone with an anterest in mending your own equipment or just learining new skills.
Tim from Somerset

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Farm and Workshop Welding (Hardcover)
I had completed a very indifferent and expensive 60 hour course and ended up with experience but without skill. This book had me producing almost perfect stick welds within the hour. I'm just sorry I didn't find it before I payed for the course!

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Farm and Workshop Welding (Hardcover)
good book with plenty of useful information
well laid out

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Farm and Workshop Welding (Hardcover)
this book is possibly the best buy in a long time and it's English to boot.well worth the money I paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for tips, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Farm and Workshop Welding (Hardcover)
Gave it to my son for Christmas as I had also given him money to buy a mig welder. He says it will be very useful when he starts doing more unusual and difficult work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Farm and Workshop Welding, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Farm and Workshop Welding (Hardcover)
Very useful, lots of handy tips
Interesting read
Good introduction to welding.
I'll keep it on my shelves for sure

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Farm and Workshop Welding (Hardcover)
Great, fast, will buy again, f a n t a s t i c a m a z i n g

Farm and Workshop Welding
Farm and Workshop Welding by Andrew Pearce (Hardcover - 27 July 2007)
13.57