I have just finished reading the Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book by Dee Blick. Actually, that's not true. The fact is, I have just finished reading the Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book for the third time - and I only got the book a couple of weeks ago.

Published on 13 Aug 2011 by Mr. J. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction but possibly aimed at beginners
I think this book is a great introduction for someone who's starting their own business or someone who's got a 1 or 2 man band. I've run a number of small businesses in my time and whilst I did find some of the information in this book useful I also found parts of it far too basic for me to learn anything from. I've picked up about half a dozen useful hints that I'll use...
Published on 30 Nov 2012 by G. Turnbull

5.0 out of 5 stars In business? Want to grow it? Then you need the Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book, 13 Aug 2011
Mr. J. Brown "Jaffa Brown" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book (Paperback)

My method of reading a business book is that as I read the book, if there are tips and advice I think I can apply to my business, I turn a page corner over. Then when I am done - I go through the turned page and turn them into ToDo tasks which I action over the course of a few months or weeks. However, when I got to the end of Dee Blicks book, I found that the majority of pages were turned over. So I re-read it, trying to find the key elements which I can apply. You know what? I didn't know where to start, there were that many.

The fact is, this is one of the best Business Books I have read. From the very first page (and I mean the first page - before all the copyright and print edition nonsense), its all good stuff. Everything you need to know about marketing, selling, branding, and growing a small business.

Subjects include a Marketing Master class (what you are selling, why, pricing), using strong sales words in documents and proposals, Sales letters (including lumpy sales letters), newsletters, turning bin-able sales correspondence into must keep and respond items, branding, blogging, on-line promotion, exhibitions, and lots more - it's all covered. On every page there are ideas, backed up with examples of what won't work, what will, and what will work in different situations. There are hints, tips, tricks, examples and more advice than you could possibly imagine is in one book.

Which leads me to a problem. With most books, I have between 1 and 20 ideas to improve and grow my business - easy to add to my Do list. After reading this book, I have at least 100 (if not more) - so where to start?!? So I am going to re-read it slowly, a page a week, and I am going to implement all the ideas I have highlighted, one at a time. I have no doubt that these improvements will drive my business forward and generate even more sales.

If you need just one marketing book that covers it all, buy this book.

But if you can only buy one business book which will help grow your business, you should still buy this book: the Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book by Dee Blick.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish this had been around when I started my business., 15 Nov 2011
Paul McIntyre "SearchHigh SEO" (Nottinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book (Paperback)
I've been running a small business for over ten years and my shelves are stacked high with "How To" books, including many on marketing. If only this book had been around when I started, I'd have saved a lot of money and, I very much expect, made a load more by applying what Dee has put into this book.

If you run a small business, you really have to buy this book. For once, there's simply loads of practical advice that you can put into action straight away, starting with chapter 1. In fact, the first chapter is worth much more than the price of the book, and the same applies to other chapters too, with some great, easily digested and inspiring ideas.

Everything you need is here. There's no academic jargon, just easy to soak up, plain English, which you can really put to use to make quick, significant and effective changes to marketing your business. Dee encourages readers to make marketing a part of the everyday fabric of the organisation, and to be adopted by everyone in the business, be that one, five or fifty.

The book contains real life case studies and examples. This isn't theory - this is stuff you can apply in your own business and the ideas in this book really work. It doesn't matter what your business does, this book will apply to you and your business. And as a marketing professional myself, I have to put my hands up and say this book is, for once, what it says on the tin; the ultimate small business marketing book. Don't pass this one by - this is the one book your business deserves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for bruises on your legs!, 4 April 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book (Paperback)
What do I mean by that? Simple! Buy this book and then read it!
From the beginning all the way through to the end you will, very frequently, be kicking yourself.
From cover to cover Dee Blick has crammed in marketing brilliance. Before I read this book, and as a small business owner, I thought I had the marketing side of things nailed. The truth is I never realised quite how wrong I had been getting it, and quite how easy it is to tweek areas or change approaches to get results.
As I said before I was kicking myself because this is how it should be done, how did we not realise??!!
This book has changed my attitudes and approach toward my mrketing and how I do business with current clients. I challenge anyone to read this book and NOT do the same!

5.0 out of 5 stars IF I'D HAD THIS IN 1983 ..., 30 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book (Paperback)
I am just so grateful that Dee Blick has taken the time to write this book and pass on her exceptional talent and marketing skills for our businesses.
Having been in business for 29 years this is the first time that I've seen marketing made logical and simple. I only wish that it has been available when we started out.
She completely understands the challenges of small businesses and gives us the tools and inspiration to achieve greater success in moving our businesses forward, and increasing sales.
I have learnt so much in such a short space of time, and pick the book up daily as a point of reference and comfort.
Once again Dee, thanks.

Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is immense, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book (Paperback)
I have only read the first few chapters so far, and i have learned so much already. Teaches you everything you need to know about marketing your small business. Just wish i had more time to read it all quicker.

5.0 out of 5 stars The USBMB - I'm lending it to nobody!, 17 April 2012
MAJ Ragusa "Mela R" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book (Paperback)
I have just read the USBMB and love it. In fact when a friend asked if she could borrow it the other day I found myself saying 'no' as I keep referring back to it.

It's amazing sparkling stuff and for people like me with short concentration spans it makes marketing manageable at last. I think there are far too many people out there trying to complicate things and sound grand. It's so refreshing to find someone doing the opposite. It has really struck a chord and inspired me to relook at my copywriting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucidity Relevancy Quality, 20 July 2011
This review is from: The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book (Paperback)
I am a huge fan of Dee Blick's first book and was a little concerned she would not be able to live up to her first book with this one. However, this book is even better. You can tell she has learned a lot from writing her first book and this new one is excellent and surpasses what was a top quality first book. There is more substance to the reasoning used and more depth to the discussions. This book is filled with quality and value for anyone interested or involved in marketing, especially for small businesses. It is a pity more people cant write in the lucid style of Dee Blick.

5.0 out of 5 stars A marketer who knows how to listen - even in print, 3 Oct 2011
Ben Locker (Colchester, UK) - See all my reviews
If you do one new thing for your business this week, knock off early on Friday afternoon and go home to read Dee Blick's Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book.

That's what I did three days ago, and I'm willing to bet that - thanks to this book - many struggling small businesses will hit profit, while already successful ones will quickly steal a march on their competitors.

Put it like this... My own business specialises in certain areas of marketing, but by the time I'd finished reading Dee's book I had a notepad full of new ideas and plans - both to win new clients and better spread the word about what we do.

I can't wait to put them into action.

In her intro, Dee says that "Many small businesses spend time searching for that one elusive marketing tool or tactic to somehow transform their business."

She's right. What's also true is that many marketing professionals concentrate on the types of marketing they're best at - which means they often fail to cover the basics for the businesses that hire them.

But because this book covers all the things you need to market your business successfully - from drawing up a marketing plan to writing a sales letter, from creating 'lumpy mail' to social media and blogging - it puts power back in your hands. And that's equally true whether you plan to market your business yourself or hire specialists to help you.

The above is a glimpse of what I think the book can do for your business. From a professional point of view (I'm a copywriter), the joy of it is in the writing. Clear, calm, friendly and infused with practical enthusiasm throughout, it's almost as though Dee's in the room with you, guiding you along to path to a more successful business.

She's a listener - even in print. And I can't think of better quality for a marketer to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book, 16 April 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book (Paperback)
Couldn't put Dee Blick's brilliant marketing book down. I've filled dozens of pages with scribbles and thoughts. After much crossing out and refining I've identified my most profitable customers, worked out how to reach them, and I have a plan. I found Dee's masterclasses very easy to follow. Her book is well paced, and packed with clever, enthusiastic and sensible advice. I own a 15 Bedroomed 5 star B&B in a National Park. I felt as if she was talking directly to me. I found this book was worth every penny. Thank you Dee

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have ever read in my life..., 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book (Paperback)
This book is simply incredible. It's written in a very clear, succinct, easy-to-understand way in a bullet point style without any waffling/jargon/none sense. This is the way informative books should be written - to help people understand the content clearly and to help keep them engaged.

It's full of important, useful, relevant and eye-opening information and tips. It's well organised and structured in categories, taking you through the whole process from setting up a business from scratch. It also includes very inspirational quotes, case studies and examples that you can reference. I'm not much of a reader, yet I read the whole of this book in a matter of two days. I was completely enthralled with it. I literally could not take my eyes off it - yes, I actually walked into a lamp post whilst reading it!! How embarassing...the sound of the impact echoed down the street, it was funny (yet painful at the same time). You can spend £100's on training days and courses (where in fact they don't cover a lot of what's in here and they certainly don't present it in such a clear way), yet you can learn the valuable points on marketing in this book (and keep going back to it) for just £8. If that's not value for money, then I really don't know what is... Dee Blick is highly qualified and experienced and she clearly demonstrates all of this in the content and how she presents it...

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. 10 out of 10. Go and do the right thing: hover your mouse over the 'add item to basket' and buy yourself a copy!

The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book
The Ultimate Small Business Marketing Book by Dee Blick (Paperback - 29 Jun 2011)