4.0 out of 5 stars I think it is going to be useful
I enjoyed this book, and I think it's going to be useful. It pulls a lot of information into one place, and organises it. It proposes quite a radical shift in an author's mindset from "I write, publisher sells" to "I write, and I think who and what I am writing for and why they'll buy it." The marketing is more important as the writing.

The model of publishing...
Published on 17 Dec 2009 by Dr. Peter Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good tips - but it's not this easy
As a published author I'm familiar with a lot of the thoughts suggested by the authors of this book - however they do imply that getting your book to sell is easy - and the truth is it isn't. I had a really positive double page spread feature in a national newspaper on my book and sold 11 copies of the book on the back of it. The book has all 5 star reviews on Amazon...
Published on 24 Nov 2009 by Mimi Moor

4.0 out of 5 stars I think it is going to be useful, 17 Dec 2009
Dr. Peter Davies (Halifax, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Wealthy Author (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The model of publishing in this book is very much possible because of the internet and the ability to turn easily stored and transmitted digital files into presentable hard copy on an as needed basis, without needing to carry large stock, or take up bookcase shelf in a shop. The demise of a large bookstore chain in UK recently shows some of the problems of shop based, high staff, high stock businesses.

Publ;ishing will change and savvy future authors will be examining their options, which may or may not need large publishing houses. This book gives several useful ideas for authors and is worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Guide, 22 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Wealthy Author (Paperback)
What a brilliant, comprehensive, easy to read and apply book!

The Wealthy Author is designed so that you can read the book from one cover to the other, or dip into the book according to where you are in your own journey as a writer. Whether you are still looking for ideas to write about or whether you have been published but find that your book isn't selling, this book is for the complete novice as well as the experienced writer.

The book covers the whole spectrum of an author's journey, from how to generate ideas, to testing the market with your idea, to determining your book's position in the market, to how to write, market and sell your book.

The book points out typical mistakes that both the novice and the experienced author often make. Joe and Debbie show you how not to make those mistakes to begin with but also show you what to do what if you have already made those mistakes. I wished I'd read this book before I started writing my book - it would have saved me a lot of time, money and frustration!

The book contains lots of practical exercises, self-tests and checklists for each step of the author's journey to help you know whether you are on track and also so you know what to do if you aren't on track.

Once you've read this book you will know exactly what the structure of your book should look like, you will learn about the 9 Rules for typesetting your book and the 10 Golden Rules for creating killer front and back covers for your book. You will know whether you want to go to a mainstream publisher or self publish. You will understand what tasks you should outsource and what to be looking for in the people you hire.

Joe and Debbie share with you their dirty pricing strategy, the 7 traits of commercially successful authors, the 7 habits of successful book marketers and they reveal 44 high impact marketing tactics that work. They show you how to get endorsements from well known people and how to harness the power of social media to make your book marketing a success.

While most authors don't make a full time living from their books, Joe and Debbie reveal the secrets of turning the success of your book into a full-time and life-time income. As I'm planning to do this, The Wealthy Author will never be far from my side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it - then ACT ON IT!, 3 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Wealthy Author (Paperback)
When I first had my own book published, I was so naive that I thought it would simply sell itself - after all, I wrote a book to help fellow Brit's move to Australia successfully - and tens of thousands do it every year... pretty big market, I thought!

But very soon the reality of not knowing how to market my book kicked in. I researched like mad and gathered information on the internet on how to get great exposure; I was featured in numerous newspapers and magazines yet still the sales were slow.

Then along came 'The Wealthy Author' and the more I read, the more it felt like this book had been written specifically with 'me' in mind!

The strategies and techniques are laid out on a platter for any non-fiction author. It's written by a duo who have expert knowledge with all aspects of writing, publishing and marketing books - and they are eager to share all they know to help others reach their goals.

I found this book has now catapulted me forward and highly recommend any author to read it - and ACT ON IT!

Well done Debs and Joe, and thank-you... heaps

Vicky Gray author of Didgeridoos and Didgeridon'ts: A Brit's Guide to Moving Your Life Down Under

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable guide for authors-to-be, 7 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Wealthy Author (Paperback)
As an author myself, I know the value of great advice, and there's nothing better than this guide, which takes you step-by-step through the process of writing and publishing a book.

Joe and Debs really know their stuff, having helped many experts become authors, and I can't recommend this book highly enough. If you have ever thought of writing a book (and I know you have), this will help to make your dream a reality, so buy it now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for for all authors old and new, 8 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Wealthy Author (Paperback)
I received a copy of this book for review and I must admit took a while to getting round to reading it. I already have a book published and wasn't sure that it would teach me anything new. How wrong I was, it is a really great book packed full of useful ideas, from developing ideas for a book, through to how to find a publisher and more importantly how to promote and sell it. You often think that your book is the best book on the market and will sell itself, whilst you might come up with an amazing best seller, most of the books published each year need promoting and marketing to make them a success. Debbie and Joe have written a book full of common sense advice for authors that gives you the essentials you need to make your book a success. I would recommend it to would-be authors as it will give you a realistic view of what can be achieved and some great tips for what and more importantly what not to do. If you want to make money from being an author, then you need to read this book as it gives you the hard facts on what it takes to make your book a success.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Bible !!!, 8 Dec 2009
Mr. G. M. Whittaker "Gavin Whittaker" (Nottingham. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wealthy Author (Paperback)
I am currently writing my 1st non-fiction book.
The Wealthy Author is my BIBLE - it covers the entire process, book title, archetype, cover, forewords, how to write the book simply and easy and then lots of info on how to get the book into print and out to market.

Absolutely awesome, brilliant - if you're writing non-fiction then you're missing a trick without this book...

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for non-fiction authors and authors-to-be., 24 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Wealthy Author (Paperback)
My first book has already been published so I wasn't sure how much I would learn from this book, but having read it the answer is "loads"! Joe and Debs share their secrets for success and, even if you are already published, this book really makes you think about how you can increase sales. They have both been there, done it and no doubt wear their T-shirts with pride, as they have moved the art of publishing into the 21st century. If you are thinking of writing a non-fiction book, this should be your bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should be the next read for every existing or aspiring author, 20 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Wealthy Author (Paperback)
All Buyers Are Liars: Exposing The Closely Guarded Secrets of Elite Car Sales Professionals
My first book is being published at the moment, by Debbie and Joe, so I assumed the main appeal for me would be the marketing and networking elements and how to reach my target audience.
As excited as I was about those elements, I did not skip through the book, I read it all and made some notes of all the work I had done correctly when I wrote my book and patted myself on the back for being so incisive. Then I wrote even more notes on the bits I had not done, which gave me great motivation for my next book.
In conclusion, it doesn't matter where you are in the writing / publishing process, this book will fill your mind with all the positive reasons to fulfil your dreams and aspirations and indeed make you a wealthier author than you originally imagined.
You only get one chance to get it right first time, so read "The Wealthy Author" to give yourself the best possible chance of success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest!, 1 Oct 2009
This review is from: The Wealthy Author (Paperback)
The dynamic duo have been at it again in producing this great read. So, to show that I've been paying attention I am going to put my thoughts down as bullet points.

* Honest
* Straight to the point
* Frank
* No nonsense
* Great practical tips & advice
* Good financial sense & advice with helpful examples
* Controversial (in a good way!)
* Valuable insights
* Clear & easy to read
* Unpretentious

As someone who is about to embark on writing a couple more non-fiction books and updating a previous title I shall certainly be re-reading this great guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars ANY AUTHOR would be V. Blonde to avoid this!!!!!, 21 Oct 2009
Caroline J. Eddins (West Midlands,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wealthy Author (Paperback)
Debs & Joe have quite honestly written one of the best books here about how to become a highly successful author it's ... well one of the biggest gifts that any author could give themselves!

What they so wonderfully do, is to weave their experience as both authors & publishers themselves into it to, a rare cross-over which completely benefits the reader; and ... the most amazing part of their book is they make it all sound so simple!! The steps to take, the plan of action, the structure, it's just incredible for a structurally-challenged, dyslexic, blonde like myself and if I can make sense of it and read in a matter of hours.. imagine what everyone else can do!

It's incredible!! They are both lovely people too, which all makes it even better!!

Whole-heartedly I recommend this anyone serious about becoming an author!

Carrie Eddins

The Wealthy Author
The Wealthy Author by Debbie Jenkins (Paperback - 1 Sep 2009)
Used & New from: £8.90