5.0 out of 5 stars Really beautiful book, 15 Nov 2010
Simon Rutherford (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Birdsong (Hardcover)
If you have an interest in illustration, or birds - or both - then take a look at this book. The illustrations are full of character (I'm sure that's the Wood Pigeon from my garden) and accompanied by a summary of each bird.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 27 Oct 2010
A. Steffe "haraniya" (Derby) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Birdsong (Hardcover)
This is a charming little book with lovely thick matt pages and exquisite illustrations. Each bird has two pages devoted to it, including the latin name and a small description of character, habits etc. A lovely gift for any bird or nature lover. Yes, they'll have countless more informative bird books, but they will delight in this little treasure of a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watercolour paintings of British birds, 29 Sep 2011
This review is from: Birdsong (Hardcover)
I love the way the artist captures the simplicity and character of these lovely birds. I am trying my hand at watercolour myself and will definately use this book as a reference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty little book, 14 Jan 2011
This review is from: Birdsong (Hardcover)
This is a sweet little tome, small enough for bedtime reading and charmingly illustrated. We like it because it's very simple but that does mean it's not the only book you'll ever need for bird identification. Would probably be good for an intelligent child.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated, 1 Mar 2013
Mr. J. A. Smith "thetoot" (Blackwell) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Birdsong (Hardcover)
We bought this book originally at a national trust property after browsing the shop and falling in love with the beautiful illustrations. We then bought a copy from amazon as a gift for someone we knew would love it. As a book to identify birds it is not that useful as it has no photographs and is only organised by location, and isn't that extensive. It is more suited as a coffee table book or a gift for a twitcher who already knows and loves their birds. The gorgeous watercolours are accompanied by the call,of each bird ( although if you haven't heard the call, I don't think you can always work out how they would sound) and a brief description and anecdotes on the facing page. As someone who likes birds but isn't that knowledgeable I love flicking through the pages and discovering something I didn't know whilst gazing out of my garden window.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quiet little title, 20 Dec 2012
avid british reader (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Birdsong (Hardcover)
My mother loves the garden birds in all seasons and this is a tiny little gem- beautiful drawings and incise detail any bird lover would enjoy this is their Christmas stocking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming little book!, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Birdsong (Hardcover)
Bought this as a gift after buying one for myself and loving it! Beautifully illustrated, this little book is a joy to browse through. The written interpretations of individual bird's calls are delightful and fun for others to guess - if you read aloud to family or friends. A lovely little 'coffee table' book, well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet little present for a friend, 8 May 2012
This review is from: Birdsong (Hardcover)
BirdsongI found a calendar with Madeline Floyd's birds a while ago and have loved her work ever since. Rather than throw the calendar away I used one of the pages for a birthday card to my friend and she now just loves her art too. I have bought this little book for my friend for her birthday. It is a dear little thing and I am sure she will love it. The more you look at her drawing the more you admire her. I think my favourite is the blackbird with a berry in his beak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: Birdsong (Hardcover)
Cute delightful book to add to your collection. Great condition And happy very service. Lovely illustrations inside and a like infoon each bird. Great gift for a bird lover.

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning, insprational and pretty book to own, 21 Feb 2012
This review is from: Birdsong (Hardcover)
As an artist crafter, Ive been influenced by the beauty of birds for some time and have been thinking about linking birds into my work.
I was looking for a book that would enable me to source colour and image from photographs of birds, but came across this little gem.

I am sooo pleased I bought this, its beautiful. Madeleine Floyd is an incredible artist and this book is just stunning.

Page after page of watercoloured illustrated birds, each with a description on the page next to the image about the bird. Each desciption of the bird, also has a lovely illustrated egg in which the bird comes from.

This book is ideal for any bird lovers, but also any artists/illustrators as this book is perfect for any bookshelf.

At this bargain price its a must!!!

Birdsong
Birdsong by Madeleine Floyd (Hardcover - 6 Sep 2010)