on 16 July 2014
My favourite chocolate bar used to be Peters which was a cross between milk and plain and it's nice to see a photo of it bringing back many happy days. This book is wonderfully nostalgic and the illustrations are up to Robert Opie's high standard. Cadburys used to sell a milk tray bar of chocolate consisting of six flavours one of which was marzipan. Sadly this has now gone like so many others to that great sweet factory in the sky.
on 31 August 2010
This was good to remind me of the sweets we had in days gone by. Mainly pictures, so didn't take long to get through. Enjoyable.
on 14 February 2009
Lile all Robert Opies books this one transports me back to my childhood when I ran errands for neighbours to get pennies to buy sweets!
on 15 January 2012
I 'd seen a lot of good reviews and bought this as a gift for someone else. We agreed that it's an excellent memory jogger and brings back those happy memories of sweets we used to have as kids. Robert Opie's collections are great examples of nostalgia at it's best.
on 26 October 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book,so colourful,and it brings back many memories .Thanks goodness Robert Opie kept all his sweet wrappers and packets to make the compilation of his lovely books possible.
on 23 May 2013
An amazing book,especially for the serious tin collector. Well presented and wonderful photographs.i loved it. Absolutely fascinating, well done Robert.
on 24 February 2012
I bought this book as a reminder of the delights of my 50s and 60s childhood. I could almost taste the sweets again as I read through it, but it was also very informative on the development of sweet packaging, which as a 1/12th scale modeller I really appreciated.
on 3 May 2015
I bought this book for my husband because he loves looking through pages of old time and memories of when he was a child.JM.
on 29 August 2014
arrived promptly and what memories this brings back after living my childhood in a sweet shop
on 6 February 2015