5.0 out of 5 stars Pudding fever...
Published on 22 Feb 2009 by Nomesky

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Create a Stir!
Published on 4 Feb 2009 by smudge

5.0 out of 5 stars Pudding fever..., 22 Feb 2009
Nomesky (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Old-fashioned Puddings (Hardcover)
I think this is an excellent addition to my (large!)collection of cookbooks. There are a very wide variety of recipes included - most contain dessert storecupboard staples (e.g honey, syrup, sugar, flour), so I can now whip up several puddings without trudging to my local supermarket for ingredients. The recipes vary in complexity but I can always find something that can be produced within a convenient time frame for the occasion.

There are some favourites included (the 'icky sticky toffee pudding' is to die for!) - I agree that several recipes are available in other cookbooks but one must appreciate that no two recipes for the same pudding are ever exactly the same & anyway this book brings them conveniently under one book. There are also very rare 'vintage' puds' included that without this volume would be lost in time.

Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars love to bake, 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: Good Old-fashioned Puddings (Hardcover)
i saw this book and had to have it a lot of old fashioned recipes have tried some which are great besst cook book ever for puddings

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Good Old-fashioned Puddings (Hardcover)
Many old favourites in this lovely book and also some I have never tried. Look forward to using more often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Old-Fashioned Puddings, 14 Jun 2010
This review is from: Good Old-fashioned Puddings (Hardcover)
I love this book, it's the best recipe book I own. I get excited every time one of these puddings is ready to eat. Every single recipe in this book tastes deliciously fabulous and is easy to make. The book has beautiful illustrations, clear instructions and even a little bit of history about the origins of each pudding. This is an absolute MUST!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Create a Stir!, 4 Feb 2009
This review is from: Good Old-fashioned Puddings (Hardcover)
For someone who has never made a pudding, or was brought up to only nibble vegetables, this book could be a useful introduction to the world of puddings, but experienced cooks could consider it a little disappointing in content. It neither has a comprehensive range nor includes any of the lesser known puddings and almost all puddings described can be found in most other recipe books. So, if you are looking for something different or nostalgic to prepare for a winter's Sunday lunch, this probably isn't the book for you

5.0 out of 5 stars 5*, 28 Aug 2014
A. D. Harding "The Nomad" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Top quality book

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm..., 31 July 2009
This review is from: Good Old-fashioned Puddings (Hardcover)
Rushed to buy this as soon as I became aware of it; It is so difficult to find the classics, oldies and particularly 'puddings' when you actually want a recipe even though you imagine that all the standards cover them.
This book does include a great collection of 'classic, old school puddings' and I am delighted to have it in my library.
The 3 star reality is that I am yet to cook anything from it. I have owned it 4 or so months now and am hoping I will feel more inspired in the winter. Either way I do enjoy a book were there is at least 1 dish that I am scrambling to make as soon as possible.
I will update this review when/if I test it.

Good Old-fashioned Puddings
Good Old-fashioned Puddings by Sara Paston-Williams (Hardcover - 7 Sep 2007)
15.61
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available