5.0 out of 5 stars C
Published on 30 May 2010 by C. Simpson

3.0 out of 5 stars Thoughts on the anatomy of sports injuries
I was treating a painful piriformis muscle. The info. was meagre and not so useful, whilst the "anatomy of stretching" certainly was much more helpful. I am sure this book will prove invaluable for me at some stage or another and it will remain on my bookshelves.
Published 20 months ago by John Richard Linford

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars C, 30 May 2010
This book is brilliant. I am a therapist but not a physio & I feel I need to know more than I know - this book helps enormously in helping me tell clients how to help themselves after they have left me as well as helping me to understand more injuries than I have been trained. Very good structure too as it is split into parts of the body. My only suggestion to improve this would be if there were more illustrations of the exercises/movements to aid rehab as they at the moment can appear a little unclear in some.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good - does the job, 3 Jun. 2009
I give it 4 stars due to the lack of descriptions for rehabilitation exercise drawings, but apart from that this is realy good concise reference book. Very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 14 April 2011
This is another great book by Walker, he has written another good one worth reading which is on stretching (if there are others I've not got there yet!)

This book covers the main injuries faced by those that exercise, weather through over-use or sceletal alignment (eg, either the fault of the exerciser or not the fault of the exerciser!) I read this book to find out about a pain I can but didn't know where or what it was, it didn't take me long at all to locate the muscle and find ideas on what to do. Solutions given involve easy to read pictures on stretches and a written paragraph describing whats best. To the point and easy to follow.

I like how the muscles in question are coloured in a sort of pale red, the rest of the body remains in black and white making it very easy to follow and very easy to use.

My only negatives are that it needs to be more portaible, a flash-card version, spiral bound version (as pages do not stay open) or even just to somehow make it lighter to carry as its too heavy to take to the gym with me when I already have a heavy bag.

I think it would also be great if there were books with more detail expanding on some of the injuries as although this book is well written, its only an introduction and if you have any of the injuries your going to want to find out more, this book is too general to give that information but does serve as a helpful introduction to most of the main injuries you can come across.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Book, 28 Aug. 2011
Excellent reference book with clear anatomical diagrams, descriptions of every possible injury with suggestions for rehabilitation exercises. As someone who is more of an First Aider than physotherapist I know this will be useful when advising colleagues as to whether they should seek more specialist advice. Certainly a book that will expand my understanding; I imagine it would be invaluable to someone who works in sports medicine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 21 Feb. 2013
This book was the most helpful book for my Sport injuries and prevention module. It came quickly and soon I had friends begging me to let them see the book. I love it because each injury is set out really clearly with preventative stuff too. That book was the main reason I got a really high mark in that module. If you are studying anything to do with sports injury GET THIS BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sports Injuries by Brad Walker, 12 Jun. 2011
This book is really helpful when you are training in sports massage, it gives you an overview of the injury and exercises to help prevent injury. I used it for my ITEC sports massage diploma and for VCTC sports massage. This book is also really useful when you first start treating people by yourself as it covers some injuries you might not have covered in classes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 8 Nov. 2010
Im currently studying a Sports Massage course and injuries are a big part , so i was hoping for a book that would help with my studies, and this book did not let me down. It not only explains injuries but also explains about the muscles how they work, and offers exercises to help. Good All round book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thoughts on the anatomy of sports injuries, 5 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Anatomy of Sports Injuries: Your Illustrated Guide to Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars best buy, 28 Aug. 2009
Ms. Sj Smith "sjs" (nottingham uk) - See all my reviews
sports injuries book is easy to read and understand, great to support to my studies and research, this book is like my 'bible' i take it to my work placement to read up on injuries the players are or have suffered. great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 19 July 2011
A great book. If you are looking around for a book on sports injuries but were prehaps put off by thinking the book focused completely on anatomy, don't be; it's an informative book that isn't anatomically heavy, it's balanced and gives information from what to do immediately after an injury to rehabilitation months afterwards. So it's extensive, yet concise. The use of pictures/diagrams are very good.

An essential book for coaches, instructors and anyone involved in sport (particularly the athletes)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›