5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely inspired blagger!
I recently purchased and read "Free Stuff Everyday" and am genuinely impressed with what it has to say. Everyone is looking for free stuff and rather than the usual rip-off's and scams you get this book tells you honest ways to get free stuff from pretty much anywhere. In hard times like these a book like this is an absolute gem, full of great ideas and tried and tested...
Published on 4 Oct 2011 by Alec Sharratt

1.0 out of 5 stars Free Stuff Everyday
Utter Rubbish.
I gave up after reading for what seemed like ages as i'd still not read any 'how to'....
Published 13 months ago by A new Braun user

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as helpful as I'd hoped, 12 May 2013
I was very interested by the title of this book, as I regularly trial products and keep a weather eye out for free samples. Unfortunately after spending the best part of an hour reading through Mike Essex's hints and tips, I have to say I was rather disappointed. His experiences of getting free products seem to verge on the highly unlikely to impossible. Never one to turn down free advice, I gave a couple of his ideas a go, but came away after spending another couple of hours hard at work with nothing to show for it.

For those genuinely interested in obtaining free products, I wouldn't suggest wasting your time with this book, unless you truly have something to offer companies in return, such as influence in the media or across a wide group. Next time, I'll stick to scouring the Internet for free samples instead. I'm only glad that Free Stuff Everyday was actually free on the day I read it!

4.0 out of 5 stars A guide to successful blagging, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Free Stuff Everyday (Paperback)
As a money saving enthusiast I am always keen to find new ways of saving cash and getting good deals, so I was interested to find out more about Mike's approach for getting stuff for free.

As other commentators have noted on this page, the nice thing about Mike's approach is that you don't need to give companies the hard sell for them to give you free stuff. Provided you think about the benefits to the business and communicate the proposition well, then there is a very good chance that they will want you as an advocate.

It is a good lesson in being nice to people and working collaboratively for the benefit of both parties.

I'd recommend this book to all bargain hunters and freebie seekers, but i would also recommend it to consumer brand managers and PR execs to help them connect to the consumers that are going to spread the word about their products best.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 26 April 2013
Duncan Andrew Gaylor (LEWES, East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I got this as a free download but still I feel somehow cheated. Was it the time I took to select it or perhaps the precious minutes I spent in starting to read it? If you pick this up and give it a go, don't expect it to get any better as you progress - it won't. It reminds me of those crappy financial newsletters that are offered in the post. These would be the ones that cost a packet and tell you nothing that you don't already know. This book is like that. Basically all it tells you is that you should carefully plan anything you do (in this case blag freebies). Do yourself a favour and avoid this at all costs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could become a victim of its own success, 27 Mar 2011
Bob (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I have received my copy directly from the author free for review purposes.
As usual I comment on the Kindle formatting, it looks like a text file with no illustrations or fancy fonts but none the worse for that, it is also speech enabled so you can have the synthesised voice read it to you if you wish.
Although there are other techniques for getting free stuff this book almost exclusively concentrates on contacting suppliers / manufacturers and asking for items to be supplied free. Well actually it does not pretend it is as simple as that and goes through a series of techniques that anyone can use to try and obtain goods for free. The book does emphasise that only the truth should be told but with some poetic licence and that the best technique is to offer a deal with the supplier for example offering to test / review a product. I would have liked to see more templated letters and the section on how to contact the correct person expanded that being the most difficult part.
My concern is that when there are only a few people using the techniques they may be successful, I have been doing similar things for years with varying levels of success, however if firms get flooded with requests they are likely to put in a level of filtering and employee awareness which will make it much more difficult, so get in quick.
Overall I found this an interesting book and if the techniques are followed I would expect some success.

3.0 out of 5 stars involved, 19 July 2013
I have read this book but it shows you don't get something for nothing. You have to write countless letters to companies to get them interested in you and sampling there products. There are easier ways to get things for free ie freecycle, freegle ecobees etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple ideas for everyone., 10 April 2013
This book gives a simple straight forward rationale and explanation of how you can ask companies for free stuff by tuning into their marketing agenda. The author gives plenty of practical examples of the kind of thing that will work.

1.0 out of 5 stars not for me, 3 May 2013
I found this book to be full of ifs and buts. Most companies nowadays ignore requests for free products. Reviews don't count as payment anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 6 Jun 2013
E. Forster (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
For a free book this is a good read and well worth it's not often I get something good that didn't cost me anything.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother!, 25 May 2013
I was excited by the title as everyone loves a freebie.This book is time consuming and not worth the hassle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 3 Aug 2014
Good.

Free Stuff Everyday
Free Stuff Everyday by Mike Essex (Paperback - 30 Sep 2011)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available