Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 May 2012
I bought this book on a recommendation from an experienced trainer in Kettlebells and primal Move. It is easily the most detailed book on movement and function I have ever seen with an incredible amount of detail contained. The information contained is exhaustive and comprehensive but be warned it is not an easy read and will require being read several times to get the most out of this. The only reason I have for not giving it 5 stars is the fact that the writing style does not make it easy to find information quickly. As long as you are not under illusions that this is a quick reference or a beginners guide then this is the best book you will ever find on functional movement theory and testing.
on 24 December 2011
Very in depth book, probably of great benefit to Physio's, as it shows loads of physical tests for muscles, not really something you can just pick up and read, i would say its more of a reference text.

I brought this to learn more about movement and with a view to increase the efficiently of my workouts, not being a medical person, this could take a while to digest the information involved, so i can apply it to exercise.
on 26 September 2014
Really heavy read. No doubt some really useful information in the book but its really, really heavy going and quite repetitive. I found it hard going and not really an enjoyable read.
on 11 March 2016
Whether your recovering from injury, a sports therapist or just want to train in a common sense, purposeful, structured way this is a very good reference book for you. Functional training for sport is worth a read before this one as it has more photos to go along with the exercise descriptions. Photos are sadly lacking in this one. The 2 books have certainly influenced how I will train in the future
on 16 October 2015
30 % into the kindle book.. just got to the start of the clinical bit. First 30% repeats itself quite a bit with a lot of author ramblings in my opinion to labour his philosophy..this could have been much shorter...tough going but looking forward to get to the clinical bit now.
on 29 September 2015
A very in depth read, can be quite daunting for people who are new but read and re-read if you have to. It is well worth the nuggets of knowledge and experience embedded in this book. Looking forward to doing the FMS cert and to start applying.
on 26 August 2013
I dont think my understanding of anatomy and physiology is quite up to scratch for this book yet. I am still glad i bought it because i plan to learn more and come back to it with a greater understanding of the human body.
on 28 July 2013
I almost did NOT buy this book due to the critics on FMS. But I am glad I did. Besides FMS the corrective exercises are learnful. Don't listen to others. Read the pages on amazon and make up your own mind.
on 4 May 2014
Really good book ,
I really learned a lot from this and changed the way I train . I've started using the FMS and it showed up the areas and movement I need to work on .
on 7 October 2015
This is useful for very ambitious movement professionals who possess tacit knowledge. If movement is just a hobby you'll find this very hard going indeed.