Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 August 2010
This is a book that is long overdue.
It provides a therapist with detailed views on treatment of the myofascia.
It is also readable!
Many previous books are almost bed time reading.
Any therapist who starts reading this will not be able to put it down
on 16 April 2011
Flows on from Anatomy Trains: Myofascial Meridians for Manual and Movement Therapists by Thomas W. Myers which I already had. Finding the techniques incredibly useful clinically (physiotherapist).
on 23 April 2012
This book arrived very quicky. I have found it very useful. I am a sports therapist and am focusing on the fascia and choose this book mainly for the techniques. There is also a fair amout of anatomy covered in each section if you need that to. Excellent picture to.
on 4 September 2010
This book is a must for all bodyworkers who want to make a real difference to their clients' structure.
It gives you the most accurate tools for bodyreading giving you a real sense of how to work on peoples' imbalances.
So whether it's a tilt in the hips, a rotation in the spine or misaligned shoulders, James Earles really offers techniques which can make a tangible difference, both to your client and to how you approach them. It's a fascinating insight into anatomy, easy to absorb and put into practice. It has given me greater confidence in dealing with my clients.
on 4 September 2010
James Earles book has increased my knowledge and confidence in bodyreading and structural bodywork. It gives the real lowdown when it comes to working on fascia with amazing techniques to take you to a new level in bodywork. It has opened my eyes to a new way of working.
on 4 July 2012
James has done a wonderful job of compiling basic techniques of fascial bodywork. This book helped me tremendously at the beginning of my training. It is easy to read with example techniques, supporting images and instructions. It explains the anatomy, reason for the technique and walks you through how to apply it. I look forward to his next book which I believe will be explaining the complexities of gait analysis.
on 28 February 2014
This text is a well thought out guide and introduction to fascial release, highlighting all the basic elements from observation, strategic planning of any intervention and actual treatment. Earls is the expert and this text provides the insight and detail required to enable positive outcomes from selected techniques chosen. I do like his reasoning and explanations all quite logical once your understanding of his techniques have been realised. A must read for the soft tissue therapist. CB
on 31 August 2010
Why I was not taught anatomy, body reading and touch skills like this at massage and movement school? I now have a better understanding of the structures I am working with and how to bring my clients back to their adaptable and functional selves.
With a new view of anatomy explained and the many fascial release techniques clearly shown, this book gives new and exciting insights that can be put into my current body work and movement practice. At last, structural balance is at the end of my finger tips with this down-to-earth easy to read book. I am in awe of the human body again. Highly recommended!
on 23 September 2013
this book does precisely what it says on the cover-informative and comprehensive with detailed descriptions -a great introduction to the subject matter
on 17 July 2014
I highly recommend this book.