5.0 out of 5 stars Very good stretching book for the average person
I use some aerobic DVD's and often find that the cool down is not long enough, leavng me with the obligatory soreness the day after or so. I also hold some tension in my neck and was looking for a book that showed a range of stretches for various body parts. Have to say that I love this book. The best thing about it is that it shows a range of stretches for each body part...
Published on 19 April 2008 by Miss epiphany

3.0 out of 5 stars On the short side of stretching
I was a bit disapointed with this book.
The other reviews here are all very good - so my expectations was high:

I expected drawings in the same quality as in Frederic Delavier's books on anatomy in strenght training - while the illustrations in The Anatomy of Stretching shows the involved muscle rather well - the artistic level of the drawings are not...
Published on 20 May 2010 by J. Jürs

5.0 out of 5 stars Most informative, 28 Sept. 2009
This review is from: The Anatomy of Stretching (Paperback)
I gave this book as a present to a friend who is into sports and has recently had a couple of injures because of not stretching properly. It is the best book he has ever had that has been informative yet simple enough to pick up and use when required without having to read to much detail. A very useful book that shows you exactly what muscles you are stretching with good illustrations, in fact I may need to buy one for myself now as he keeps telling me how useful it is.- highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 30 Jan. 2009
This review is from: The Anatomy of Stretching (Paperback)
Practical stretching exercises for all muscle groups and all levels of fitness. I like the detailed explanations and the images/illustrations make them easy to follow

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, straightforward, valuable, 15 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Anatomy of Stretching (Paperback)
This is an excellent book for everyone who does sport, or walks or climbs, or trains others for sports, walkers and climbers. The exercises are organised in several ways, including by type of sport. Each is clearly illustrated showing the muscles involved.

I do a lot of walking, and some cycling, and my kneecaps were painful. I looked up the exercises, did them and now I'm fully fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 4 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Anatomy of Stretching (Paperback)
This book is very good and the illusrations are well defined. It is definetly an excellent guide for stretching which I found useful for my Taekwondo training. I gave it 4 stars as it would have been nice to have some programmes but so far I do recommend a lot this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 22 Mar. 2010
Mme Hart "bookalicious" (Paris, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Anatomy of Stretching (Paperback)
The most comprehensive stretching guide out there...great for fitness professionals like myself and people into stretching, health and fitness!! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Anatomy of Stretching by Brad Walker, 12 May 2009
The Anatomy of Stretching

I love this book. It's an absolute must for those undertaking regular exercise. I recently completed a Fitness Instructor course and wanted to learn a wider range of stretch movements, for myself and for when I eventually take the career change to work in the industry. It clearly explains the stretches, the major muscle groups involved and the aim of the stretches.

5.0 out of 5 stars What every athlete needs, 7 Nov. 2009
M. Stratton "strats" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Anatomy of Stretching (Paperback)
This book explains in understandable detail how to stretch and wha
t you are stretching. Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Supple, 7 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Anatomy of Stretching (Paperback)
I bought this book for two reasons. First I have some rotator cuff problems due to overtraining and neglect (too much behind the neck military press!). Second my wife has restricted shoulder mobility due to a fractured humerus. By using some of the exercises described in this book both problems have been ameliorated somewhat. I am hoping that this will continue.

5.0 out of 5 stars The anatomy of stretching, 4 Dec. 2010
J. L. Gregory (Litton, Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Anatomy of Stretching (Paperback)
I love the drawings in this book. The major muscles used are highlighted in red but other muscles being stretched are also listed. I am training to be a massage therapist and not only has it helped me to understand the actions of muscles but also given me some useful stretches to offer to clents

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Understand and simple, 8 Feb. 2010
This review is from: The Anatomy of Stretching (Paperback)
Simple and easy explanation. The pictures are very clear. If you are an athlete and you are looking for a book to help with your stretching this is the best one! Or even if you are not involved in sports this book is just wonderful.

The Anatomy of Stretching
The Anatomy of Stretching by Brad Walker (Paperback - 30 Aug. 2007)
Used & New from: £9.95