5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down...
Published on 29 July 2007 by Free Spirit

1.0 out of 5 stars very disapointing
I was eager to get my hands on this book, yet after the first page I was regretting this purchase.
I have never read a book before with so many grammar mistakes.
Every page contained them which totally ruined a touching story.
If this book was proof read, he or she should be ashamed.
A very poorly written book.
Published on 22 Jan. 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down..., 29 July 2007
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Only a Dog: The True Story of a Dog's Devotion to His Master in World War One (Paperback)
This is only a short book and I was able to read it within a couple of hours. The story was so compelling, I just could not put it down until I was finished. I was in floods of tears by the last chapter because it was such a sad but amazing and honourable story. If I ever get to visit France, I will try my best to visit Army's grave and pay my respects to a brave little dog. The text is large and easy to read and it is the sort of story to be enjoyed by young and old alike. I loved this book and would advise anyone who loves animals to give it a try (as long as you don't mind crying at the end).

5.0 out of 5 stars a real tear jerker, 31 Jan. 2006
This is a classic tear-jerker - so touching, it would take a hard man indeed not to be moved by it - and it is all the more sad as it is true. I have bought one and come back and bought others as gifts for Christmas and Birthdays as all dog people will love this - guaranteed. It is written in slightly old fashioned language but that, for us, just adds to the charm. It is certainly not badly written as the previous review claims - it's just good traditonal old fashioned stuff - written in 1916.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disapointing, 22 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
I have never read a book before with so many grammar mistakes.
Every page contained them which totally ruined a touching story.
If this book was proof read, he or she should be ashamed.
A very poorly written book.

Only a Dog: The True Story of a Dog's Devotion to His Master in World War One
Only a Dog: The True Story of a Dog's Devotion to His Master in World War One by Bertha Whitridge Smith (Paperback - 17 Jun. 2005)
Used & New from: £9.99