5.0 out of 5 stars good times
Highly enjoyable read for Spurs supporters. I learnt a lot about the dynamics of this stylish but inconsistent team and in particular that:
- Steve Perryman was an immense influence on the dressing room
- Peter Shreeve was a much smarter bloke than I gave him credit for at the time
- David Pleat was disliked by just about everybody!
Shame that key...
Published on 19 April 2009 by Phillips Alun David

2.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the tip
I was going to buy this book as a present for my brother until I spotted that he has reviewed it. I can only infer that he has bought and read the book. And also one about Alan Gilzean. Thanks Amazon - I've saved some money and he'll be getting socks.
Published on 7 Nov. 2010 by dons4ever

5.0 out of 5 stars good times, 19 April 2009
Phillips Alun David (Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boys from White Hart Lane, Spurs in the '80s: The Players' Stories (Hardcover)
- Steve Perryman was an immense influence on the dressing room
- Peter Shreeve was a much smarter bloke than I gave him credit for at the time
- David Pleat was disliked by just about everybody!
Shame that key members Hoddle, Archibald and Crooks chose not to contribute but there's enough from the others to keep you entertained. Some of the anecdotes are a bit too much of the 'laddish prank' type but reading about Ricky Villa's difficult acculturation experience is fascinating. Having read the book, I also think it's safe to say that nobody will be volunteering to take a communal bath with 'keeper Milija Alecsic....

5.0 out of 5 stars What Memories!, 25 Mar. 2009
Ms. Mary Onoufriou "Mary O" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Boys From White Hart Lane, The: Spurs in the 80s - the Players' Stories
As a die-hard Spurs fan and the 80's being "my era", when I didn't miss a match throughout the years on which the book is based, this brought back so many memories. I found the interviews with the players I knew and idolised very fascinating. My two friends and I (all girls) travelled everywhere home and away from the late 70's until at least 1989 - going to Wembley so many times during that time.

I fully recommend this book to any Spurs fan, but in particular if you remember and supported our beloved club during the 1980's.

I hope Martin Cloake and Adam Powley have other interviews in the bag for a second book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look at a great era, 17 Dec. 2008
Mr. S. P. Davies "SteveD" (London) - See all my reviews
This is a great look at a great Spurs era. Perhaps it doesn't compare to the early 60's but it is more alive for most of us because we can remember it.
The authors got access to the key people and they speak in a very honest and open fashion, to the extent it provides real insights. And its fun too because essentially its about a team who really were a team and enjoyed the whole experience together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good but gets a bit repetative, 11 Nov. 2011
Mr. D. R. Holding (England) - See all my reviews
Been a spurs fan for 40 years and i always considered the early 80s team the best spurs side i have seen. This book has some great anecdotes from the players of that side but as others have said-could have done from a contribution from either Crooks or Archibald (both declined) or Hoddle. Whats left is a book with 10 contributions and you get the feeling the author was starting to run out of decent options after about 7. Full marks for getting the total cooperation of Ardiles, Villa and Perryman but you get the impression a couple are only in there to fill space.

One or two players such as Miller seem to have a downer on Pleat as he unlike they realised the likes of himself (Miller) Galvin and Roberts were getting towards 30 and maybe had gone over the top

Some great stories but we hear the same thing too often for my liking which certainly stops me from giving it full marks. A decent read though

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, 25 May 2009
A must read if you remember this era of Spurs, or if you are learning the history of the great club.

For the younger reader who only knows the Premiership, this will show you what it was really like in the 80s.

As important a read as The Glory Game for the people who care.

2.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the tip, 7 Nov. 2010
Anyhoo, you can trust my bother (Phillips Alun David) to provide a decent review - he's certainly a Spurs supporter; although from South West London, he should probably be supporting Wimbledon. In fact, he spent much time at Plough Lane in the 70s.....

The Boys from White Hart Lane, Spurs in the '80s: The Players' Stories