Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 April 2015
Very good book, I had to read it for a school project and bought this for my girlfriend and she loved it!
on 18 June 2013
My son needed this book for his English exam, he said it is helping him. I very happy with the purchase.
on 1 August 2013
I had to buy this for my sons GCSE I picked it up and honestly could not put it down
on 28 March 2016
Yes the book is great and it has really helped my son with his GCSE revision.
on 22 October 2003
I first read Kevin Brooks' 'Martyn Pig' in my GCSE class last summer and was completely enthralled with the detail and imagination that is captured within this amazing story. I would certainly recommend it to anybody interested in young adult style literature and stories based on crime. Since reading this book i also purchased Kevin Brooks' second book 'Lucas' which is just as captivating and exciting as the first. I have no doubt that the third book by Kevin Brooks is going to be any less thrilling so roll on January '04.
on 20 December 2004
This is book is certainly very strange and very farfetched. I did not really enjoy this book, though some parts were good. The book starts off ok but it goes downhill.
It is about Martyn Pig, a boy who lives with his drunken father. His only friend is Alex a 14 year old girl living next door. One night, his father gets very drunk and something happens, the boy will never forget. From then, the events unfolds and it all goes too quickly. Everything is extremely farfetched. If you like that type of books then i recommended this to you. Overall it is an ok book.
on 20 October 2014
Bought for GCSE English. Can see why it's used as study material.
on 4 June 2015
for my grandson school exam and he read it several times
VINE VOICEon 7 June 2003
I found this book to be well-written and interesting, but ultimately the plot was disappointing and certain aspects of the book let it down. The main character is Martyn Pig, obviously enough, whose problems start after the accidental death of his father. The plot promises a startling twist at the end, and I suppose it lives up to it. However, the way this twist is handled makes the reader feel cheated and the whole book seem slightly pointless. (And I'm not talking about the obvious twist. Read the last page more carefully if you don't get it) I felt that this revelation could have been built up to more carefully, with perhaps more of a suggestion of what was to come.
Martyn himself was an well-rounded character, but I personally found Alex, the other main character, a bit flat and stereotyped. There was a lot of space devoted to describing Martyn's thoughts, which was mostly a good thing, but in the scene at the beach this made the plot drag a bit. Overall, this isn't a book I would recommend exactly, but it was far better than I expected it to be and you find yourself thinking about it for quite a while afterwards.
on 26 April 2003
To sum up this book in 1 word: FANTASTIC!
I've read many, many, many thousands of books in my short life so far and this one is one of the best! The characters are easy to get into and the plot is so amazing it'll leave u perched on the end of your seat. And if you take over a day to read it then you'll be up half the night wanting to read on until the brilliant climax at the end. I recommend anyone aged 12+ with a brain the size of a pea to read this amazing book. Theres not much more i can say to compliment this book or the Writer Kevin Brooks. Just Well done and all of us Martyn Pig fans want more thrilling and exciting books like this written. Go on read it. You know you want to!