5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I know about this earlier

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars ECDL Extra and Essentials, 6 April 2010
J. W. Walton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 (Paperback)
Fairly good overall for most of ECDL - word processing; spreadhseets, Internet, Email and powerpoint but the new BCS Syllabus for ECDL Essentials (User Security and IT Fundamental that are quite different from ECDL version 5) is not covered well in this book and needs to be re-written. Most schools and colleges have to follow ECDL Extra and Essentials to get funding and a textbook is needed for this syllabus. An even bigger omission is the lack of the "Improving Productivity Unit" that is mandatory for ECDL Extra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I know about this earlier, 12 Mar 2012
This review is from: Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 (Paperback)
What a brilliant book, I was informed about this book as I started on my 3rd unit out of 4 units of doing my ECDL, well, it tells you everything you need to know and so much more, I just wish we could of being told about it at the beginning, it tells you about ECDL but also some quite basic stuff that I probably should know but didn't and am glad I know now. I recommend this book to anyone who has to work or is starting to work on a computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars PASS ECDL 5 UNITS 1-7, 22 Feb 2010
This review is from: Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 (Paperback)
This Manual far exceeds my expectations, before I purchased I thought it might be difficult to follow, but it is the exact opposite.
The layout in the paragraphs to read and the Illustrations are so specific and detailed it is so easy to work with I am delighted with the publication.

5.0 out of 5 stars PASS ECDL5, 2 July 2010
Ms. Lisa D. Smith (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 (Paperback)
A brilliant book. Very clear screen shots and instructions. An excellent index so individual items can be looked up easily. I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pass ECDL 5 1-7, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 (Paperback)
great book very detailed. very easy to follow one of the best books on the subject. I would recommend it as other books bought at the same time. very bad

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, 30 Jan 2011
Francis Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 (Paperback)
Do not buy this book for ECDL syllabus 5.0. The coverage of syllabus 5 modules 1 and 2 is a clumsy reworking of text prepared for syllabus 4.5.

The book is based on the following Microsoft products: XP, Office 2007, IE 7 and Outlook Express. Be aware that Explorer in Vista and Windows 7 has only a limited similarity to Explorer in XP. Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 and Outlook Express have limited areas of overlap. Outlook Express is not available for Vista or for Windows 7. Windows Live Mail is the successor to Outlook Express but is not a mail option for ECDL (at least not in the UK).

The reader might as well rip out nearly all of the so called Module 1 (pages 1 to 42) as this is all focused on syllabus 4.5. To find out what is in Module 1 syllabus 5 the reader is directed to pages 513-525.

Module 2 (pages 43-90) cross references to syllabus 4.5, there is a conversion table on pages 539-541. In addition to cover other aspects of syllabus 5 the reader is referred to pages 36-37, 513-518 and 526-536.

Module 5, Access Database is not part of syllabus 5.0 so mentally rip out pages 277-376.

In syllabus 5 there is a new module; "Improving Productivity". This is not covered in this book.

I am saddened that the authors and Payne-Gallway have used there good names to pass this publication off as suitable for ECDL syllabus 5.0.

Where I work, we unfortunately have 25 copies of this book. For Module 1, 2, 7 and the "Improving Productivity" Module I am referring my students to the relevant CIA booklets.

1.0 out of 5 stars Outdated and no longer useful, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 (Paperback)
Unfortunately this book is a complete waste of money as the ECDL course is now based on Office 2010 and the book is based on the obsolete course of Office 2007.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book to study ECDL, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 (Paperback)
Wife doing the course and she found this book very helpful and covered important tasks that the tutor missed out on. highly recommended, Ketan Vadgama

5.0 out of 5 stars It made me more confident with using a computer., 2 July 2013
This review is from: Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 (Paperback)
I was not confident enough looking accepting jobs which included being able to use a computer. The step by step tutorial helped me understand more and I was able work at my own pace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 15 Jun 2013
Colin Madden "Cojimbo" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 (Paperback)
I'm quite happy with this purchase. It tells you everything to need to know in order to pass your exams. It's well-structured and it's easy to find what you're looking for. As well, in spite of the length, unless you're completely computer-illiterate you can skip the vast majority of it, so it's not as daunting as it might seem.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7
Pass ECDL 5 Units 1-7 by Mr R.P. Richards (Paperback - 6 Oct 2009)