5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!
Published on 14 Nov. 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Christmas for Some?
Published on 5 Oct. 2008 by Pompom

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised!, 14 Nov. 2008
This review is from: The Perfect Christmas (Hardcover)
Having already had Anthea's 'How to be the Perefct Housewife' book, I was expecting a soft cover instructional manual again. But this book is beautiful with it's hard cover, dust jacket and plenty of colourful photographs. Sure, some things might be obvious, however with everything to think about before Christmas this is the perfect book to remind me what to do, when to do it and how to do it best. It has made me feel very Christmassy indeed and I'm sure I will use this book time and time again in the run up to Chrsitmas. Nigella's book is great for food, this book is great for planning and being organised, I'm pleased I bought it.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Christmas for Some?, 5 Oct. 2008
Pompom (Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Perfect Christmas (Hardcover)
The look of this book and the premise behind (and the other reviews!) convinced me to buy it. And I am (frankly) a little disappointed. If this was the first Christmas that you were putting together then I can see the appeal, but I can't say that it's really inspired me. Many of the suggestions are, quite honestly, a little obvious. Maybe that is what this book is about, and I've missed the point - I wanted pages of gorgeousness sprinkled with lots of ideas for Christmas. Anthea has included numerous projects, very few of which inspire me (putting your old glittery brooches on the Christmas tree when you've run out of decorations). Her recipes aren't up to patch of someone like Nigella Lawson (and neither would I expect them to be), and the decorating/crafting/wrapping ideas are pretty simplistic with results that fail to hit the mark for me. It doesn't make me feel Christmassy at all. Maybe if the book was entitled 'First Christmas' rather than 'Perfect Christmas' I'd be more impressed. However, perfect is something different to everyone! I'd recommend you buy Nigella's Christmas and the Christmas Book by Sheherazade Goldsmith instead - or wait for Sarah Raven's Christmas Book due out at the end of this month which looks utterly gorgeous (an interior shot can be seen on her website).

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal gift, 2 Oct. 2008
B. French (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Perfect Christmas (Hardcover)
I ordered this as a gift for someone but liked it so much I kept it! It's a real gem. The book covers all kinds of things from wrapping awkward shaped gifts to party games and what to do if you overcook the turkey. It's well illustrated and has some fresh ideas for decoration. Whether you are well organised at Christmas or a complete disaster this book make a nice gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall Christmas planning book, 24 May 2010
This review is from: The Perfect Christmas (Hardcover)
This is a great book for someone who is a "first-timer" at organizing/planning Christmas in their home and does not know where to start. Although it is definitely not for those highly experienced and looking for comprehensive Christmas planning, it does well at covering all the main areas of Christmas and provides a helpful "countdown to Christmas" planning list. I feel it was an uplifting read and did well at improving confidence to those inexperienced or anxious. Anthea certainly puts Christmas into perspective in that it is just one day and should not be fretted over, which I think is refreshing in today's highly materialistic approach to Christmas. I was particularly impressed with Anthea's frugal, homemade decoration ideas, as well as her innovative recipes. The overall tone of this book is simplicity and spending time with family rather than how to have a luxurious splash-the-cash Christmas, so if you are looking for this you may be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars a Christmas cracker, 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Perfect Christmas (Hardcover)
lovely book, nice pictures, the type your want to step into an live that life! Lots of handy hint and tips and recipes. Best looked at in about September to be able to achieve all the things you'll want to by the time you've read this book "Merry Christmas" one and all.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Christmas by Anthea Turner, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Perfect Christmas (Hardcover)
Very disappointed with this book as was quite bland. Thought it would make a great gift [pre christmas] for my mum who panicks about Christmas each year! Was hoping there would be lots of basic ideas for organisation, present ideas recipes etc but wasnt the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 4 Sept. 2008
This review is from: The Perfect Christmas (Hardcover)
Fantastic book. Full of great tips, receipes & ideas. This book is perfect for someone who is attempting christmas for the first time or for someone who has done it many times.
I love it - Worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Christmas, 16 Feb. 2009
C. Mcfadyen - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Perfect Christmas (Hardcover)
Very useful tips, but as with all Anthea's tips, you just need to pick the bits that apply to your own circumstances or preferences. A useful reference book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Helps get the disorganised, slightly organised, 23 Mar. 2010
This review is from: The Perfect Christmas (Hardcover)
This is a good little book to help you plan and prepare for christmas. I'm sure there are better out there, but this is more than adequate. Get it in September though... any later and you are already behind Ms Turner's preparatory scheduling :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Perfect Christmas (Hardcover)
Get this book out every year

The Perfect Christmas
The Perfect Christmas by Anthea Turner (Hardcover - 4 Sept. 2008)