Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 December 2009
Another good comic that continue on from planet hulk story. The story isn's as good as the planet hulk, but is worth a read and has some good artwork at times. In all a nice few battles but hulk really need's to finish it and kill em all. (wooosss)
on 22 February 2015
Civil War was so in-depth, what Marvel needed was just a lot of bashing around with the superheroes, and that is exactly what we get
This story came at the right time
Not deep or anything but very enjoyable
on 27 June 2014
I really enjoyed reading it,more action than Planet Hulk I couldn't put it down I read it all in 2 hours
its a shame it also has less pages than Planet Hulk all in all a good read for any Hulk fans
on 14 June 2015
Great story.Great action. Less cerebral than planet hulk but the fights are great. Some have said predictable....and???? The so called good guys have it comin. Read it close to planet hulk.
on 13 March 2014
This is an ok read but no where near as good as planet hulk. If like me you read planet hulk and want to see what happens after then buy it and it will entertain you.
on 16 January 2015
Brilliant collection of stories.
on 20 August 2015
Couldn't put it down... hulk is not best pleased. Certainly enjoyable watching him punish some of my most hated marvel characters.... I'm looking at you stark!
on 23 October 2015
Great comic! The artwork for me was brilliant! Story line was very good! Last battle could've lasted a little longer for me but I loved it!
on 4 April 2013
Hulk returns to earth to take his revenge on iron man and other people who exiled him, fantastic story and art work a must for any hulk fan
on 12 August 2013
I'm just catching up on all things Hulk, having just got my hands on this story and the previous one, Planet Hulk. I think both are decent stories, and the concepts are great. With Civil War happening, the Marvel bosses had to get rid of Hulk otherwise the civil war would be over very shortly. So they got him out of the way and the result was Planet Hulk.

But now Hulk has returned, post Civil War, to carry out a little civil war of his own. Totally bitter and twisted and full of rage more than ever about the events that happened that caused PLanet Hulk in the first place, Hulk is out for revenge.

The men responsible? Mr Fantastic, Dr Strange, Black Bolt and Iron Man. Taking out Black Bolt with ease on the Moon, Hulk appears above New York with his posse of Warbound (see Planet Hulk for more about these), giving the citizens 24 hours to get out of the city before all hell breaks loose.

Then all hell breaks loose.

Stronger than ever, fuelled by his rage, Hulk has no problems smashing his way through our heroes. It's not just the four that he's after either - more heroes take the side of Iron Man et al, but they are all taken out easily and imprisoned, Hulk and his Warbound setting up a gladiatorial arena and pitting our heroes against each other in a mirror of what took place in the early stages of Planet Hulk.

With no Thor available, can anyone withstand the might of the Green Goliath? Enter the Sentry. Can his power of a million exploding suns save the day? Or will it come down to Rick Jones, who has no power at all, but knows Hulk more than anyone?

This is definitely readable. I particularly enjoyed the parts where ordinary citizens were involved. Not all content with evacuating New York, many stayed behind to see their supposed heroes getting their tails kicked. After the Stamford incident and the Superhero Civil War, some folk have just had enough of super types.

I would have given this an extra star, but the artwork is not brilliant. Romita Jr is ok, he's just not what I like at the moment, and there are far superior artists out there. Let's say 3.5 stars out of 5, which isn't bad at all.