‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 6 Sept. 2006
Mrs S (macclesfield) - See all my reviews
I love this book!

A great book for developing a story sack. Lovely rhyming story a must have for any preschool. Takes children on a journey around the world stimulating conversation and interest in a diversity of cultures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, colourful & diverse, 12 Sept. 2009
Mrs. J. Mackenzie (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Granny Went to Market: A Round-the-world Counting Rhyme (Paperback)
Really like this book, we bought it for our nursery and the children enjoy talking about it. Would highly recommend the book for it's colourfulness and diversity.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Granny Went to Market, 17 Jan. 2012
I LOVE this book! Purchased for my Pre-school, to promote Diversity, counting and rhyming text. The bright colours and engaging illustrations hold the children's interest, as does counting Granny's purchases in each country! Lots of opportunity to discuss different cultures. DEFINATELY recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally absorbing!, 5 Mar. 2012
This book is completely amazing!

As a keen traveller, wanderlust is something that I wanted to pass on to my daughter. This book helps to do that. The easy poetic rhythm instantly enthralls little ears and the illustrations are awesome. Bright, colourful, so detailed that you will find something new every time plus they have a child-like quality about them that is just lovely.

I ask my daughter quite frequently: "can we have this one tonight?" YES, it is that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 5 Aug. 2012
My 3 year old LOVES this book! The illustrations are so colourful and inspirational & she loves studying the pictures and asking questions about the different countries. Highly recommend it for ages 2-5.

5.0 out of 5 stars my granny went to market, 8 Oct. 2012
Colourful, rhyming, educational, helps with counting, pictures encourage discussion and imagination, my 3 year old grandson loved it, as did his baby sister!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely counting book, 31 Mar. 2011
This is a really nice book to share, including counting and introducing the idea of different cultures/countries in a simple way.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 31 Mar. 2014
Great way to teach the kids about other cultures. Lovely book, great pictures and a story. A funny way to learn about other countries. It is also a good starting point to talk about a country and to explain different customs. The only downside is my little one would like us to find a flying magic carpet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 29 Mar. 2011
Mrs. A. Breen "book worm" (england) - See all my reviews
Fantastic book - colourful, promotes imagination and discussion about the picutures which are large and brightly coloured. Includes counting as Granny travels around the world she buys 1 of ..., 2 of ..., 3 of ... etc.

A great addition to any book shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 4 Jan. 2011
I bought this for my daughter's granny as a christmas present from my daughter - it is lovely and I would totally recommend. Educational is a fun way - counting, geography, different cultures and of course reading and rhyming!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

My Granny Went to Market: A Round-the-world Counting Rhyme
My Granny Went to Market: A Round-the-world Counting Rhyme by Stella Blackstone (Paperback - 13 Feb. 2006)
Used & New from: £0.19