5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!
Published on 23 July 2007 by Carolyn Savage

3.0 out of 5 stars I worked with kids and use it with them. ...
I worked with kids and use it with them. Lots of different card and each card is personalised and has lots of detail.
I could see how i could also be used for adults.
If you are considering it, worth a buy.
Published 3 months ago by NellyC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 23 July 2007
Carolyn Savage (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yoga Pretzels: 50 Fun Yoga Activities for Kids and Grownups (Yoga Cards) (Cards)
I have never written a review before, but having used these cards on a weekly basis to help me teach yoga classes for the past few months, I felt I had to! They are wonderful. I have been using them with children aged 7-11. They are colour coded to indicate the type of activity (breathing, meditating, stretching, partner positions etc) and incredibly child friendly. One side depicts a colourful illustration of the pose / activity, whilst the other gives step by step instructions (with small diagrams) of how to achieve them. Teachers and parents who have seen me using them have frequently asked where they can buy them. All I can say is this: if you would like some inspiration to guide you, this pack will be invaluable. The kids can choose the cards themselves and create their own sessions to some extent, which they love! A great resource!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 21 Jan 2008
Mrs. Ann Niamh "Hedgeweaze" (Great Britain) - See all my reviews
I have been having difficulty finding a child's yoga class in my area so I thought I would try these cards. What a hit they have been! My 6 year old loves the cards. We find the step by step instructions easy to follow and the cards are robust enough to cope with our 2 year old's handling. We haven't done all of the cards yet - there are lots of them, but those that we have done have been fun and the thoughts prompted by the cards really adds to the experience. Well worth a set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for the classroom, 8 Mar 2008
As a primary teacher I can highly recommend this publication to any colleagues looking for ideas for yoga activities - I've just used them with an 'Golden Time' group of mixed ages (P1 - P7) and are they were a huge success. Despite the range of ages, and a couple of children with mild physical problems, everybody was able to attempt the poses with a good level of success.

The pack is divided into different, colour-coded categories (breathing; standing postures; back bends; forward bends; games; balances; etc). This allows you to adopt a pick-n-mix approach to put together a session. Each week I choose the sections we are going to work from (I start with breathing and a balance, finish with a 'time-in' activity, and then choose 2 or 3 other categories to make up the middle section) then let volunteers choose a card from each section. This children enjoy feeling that they've designed the session.

The pack is of excellent quality and the cards are durable, colourful and very engaging. One side features an illustration of the pose and on the other clear, simple instructions. I've found them very easy to use, although I have some yoga experience which, while not essential, I think does help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creativity with yoga pretzels, 9 Mar 2009
Audrey Burrows (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
My grandson aged 5 years loves designing his own yoga session taking a card from each section. I bought him a yoga DVD but he preferrs the yoga pretzels because he can choose his own programms. Its amazing he loves the breathing exercises and difficult postures like the turtle he is just so elastic. Its fun and focus which is so good. His balace improves each session, he especially likes doing the tree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy for kids to use., 17 May 2009
K. Poyner - See all my reviews
This is a really nice introduction to yoga for young children. My daughter takes the lead and chooses a card from the pack and together we follow the instructions (with occasional help from my older kids). The card structure means that sessions can be as long or as short as your child likes. Easy to begin, easy to end. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars practical and very funny, 17 May 2010
Sibel Aydogmus (turkey) - See all my reviews
very very funny and enjoyable. you can uuse these cards eveywhere, even in your adult classes:) it shows how to conduct a class, which activities should be involved. the games are amazing. and the three important aspects of postures are very helpful both for children and for the teacher. i advise these cards to all child yoga teachers. have fun with these cards:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 20 April 2009
These are really great. I've used these cards at my afterschool club. We often need a way to focus and calm the children and all of these cards achive this. From the challanges of postures which most children love, to the inventive games and interesting magical meditation ideas. All of the cards are child friendly and are well presented with bright images, clear instructions and insiring quotes. I also use them at home and my niece who is only 2 likes to copy the basic postures and my older children enjoy the partner positions that require two people to complete. A great set of activity cards. something more worthwhile than tv and computer games!

5.0 out of 5 stars fun yoga activities for little ones, 29 Oct 2009
S. B. Cheney (Sussex) - See all my reviews
I bought these lovely cards for use in my classroom on the advice of a friend who also uses them with her keystage 2 children. The activities have worked very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga Prezels!, 21 July 2010
These yoga moves are well explained, engaging and fun and easy to do -even with my 6month old watching and my 6 year old joining in!! Highly recommended- these are wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great teaching aid for encouraging learning in children and developing ..., 16 Sep 2014
Ms B. Peters "BP" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
A Great teaching aid for encouraging learning in children and developing poses and learning
They found this very exciting and inspiring
They can practice , lead others , share what they have learnt with their friends and sequence postures/ poses
I have used in many schools and classes
and found this was Very much loved by the children
Some of my classes used the practise and also the cards to draw what they had learnt ....

Yoga Pretzels: 50 Fun Yoga Activities for Kids and Grownups (Yoga Cards)