5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in one sitting, 16 Sep 2013
I purchased this book after hearing Shire read one of her poems at an event. Her wisdom belies her years. It's simply beautiful and peppered with references which, not being Somali, I don't immediately get, but there's a great glossary at the back. A stunning and arresting body of poetry centered on the theme of family and love and sex. Get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars .., 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Teaching My Mother How to Give Birth (Mouthmark) (Paperback)
Words can't desccribe the feeling you have when reading Warsan Shire. I want more books like hers LOVE LOVE LOVE

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Beautiful, 7 April 2014
Touched my heart in all the right spots.
This is well worth passing around and a great gift idea too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw and uncompromising, 4 Feb 2014
Warsan purges her heart and produces a body of work that knows no bounds. both emotionally taxing and at times euphoric. she is infinite.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 26 Dec 2013
An amazing collection of powerful, exciting and moving poems. I am so grateful to have stumbled across this collection and to have heard some of the poems personally read by the author. Delivered they are even more powerful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 17 Nov 2013
I saw her work online, and decided to buy the poetry pamphlet. Its smaller/thinner than expected, but then again it wasn't expensive, and the quality of work is high. Great themes of belonging, family, love and the body. Inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 14 Sep 2013
Beautiful and touching in ways that I did not expect. Each time I read her poems, I learn, I feel something new. This is a beautiful piece of art that I would recommend to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 3 Sep 2013
Her poetry is absolutely beautiful, everyone should read this. I was a little disappointed that some of her poems aren't included in this book but it is perfect anyway, so far I've reread this book 10 times

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, 24 Aug 2013
I RECOMMEND IT FULLY. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT BECAUSE IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL, INTRIGUING AND POETIC. AMAZING WELL WORTH IT !!

5.0 out of 5 stars quick delivery everything as expected, 17 July 2013
I would definitely recommend this product. I had no problems, and I found nothing I disliked. It is a great book

Teaching My Mother How to Give Birth (Mouthmark)
Teaching My Mother How to Give Birth (Mouthmark) by Warsan Shire (Paperback - 29 Dec 2011)
4.00