5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely made a difference!, 29 May 2009
Brenda Olwagen (Johannesburg, South Africa) - See all my reviews
It's been 18 mths since my VBAC baby was successfully delivered vaginally after 12 gruelling hours of medically-induced labour, without any drugs/medication/pain-relief (ie: totally naturally, except for the pitocin drip). I don't believe I could have done it without using this CD set as preparation. An added bonus is that the voice is not annoying, the music is calming and the visualisation exercises are positive, inspiring and confidence building.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked better for the father!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Effective Preparation for a Vaginal Birth After Caesarean: Self Hypnosis: A Self Hypnosis CD Programme to Prepare to Be Relaxed, Informed, Positive and Prepared (Natal Hypnotherapy Programme) (Audio CD)
Mother: Fell asleep during the CD (so it's good, relaxing CD...great if you're heavily pregnant during a heat wave!)
Father: Listened to CD, and kept saying "3, 2, 1 Relax" during labour! So it helped him at least!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential if you are hoping for a VBAC, 2 Feb 2014
Well this cd was fantastic! It saved me in the labour of my second baby. It really helped me to relax and focus where I hadn't in my first pregnancy and labour. I had a crash c-section after a 31 hour labour first time and was very nervous during my second pregnancy that I would need the same again. However, this cd helped me to put the negative aspects of my past labour behind and embrace this second pregnancy and believe that I would be able to have a natural birth.

I am delighted to say that after a short labour of just 7 hours in total, I successfully had a VBAC to deliver my daughter. It was amazing.

The cd, which I listened to more frequently as I neared the birth, helped me to practice focusing my mind and allow my birthing body to take over. The '3-2-1 relax' method really kept me from stressing out during labour. If u have had a c-section before and are hoping to try for a natural this time, I would recommend this - it saved me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helped, very relaxing, 23 Jun 2013
I wanted to prep for the birth of my 2nd child as much as possible, following the grief and trauma I felt over my first son was born by caesarean. These cds were so relaxing and calming but also made me feel positive and capable - during the birth of my second son I was very calm, I stayed at home the whole time. I really liked the sound of her voice and am looking at buying some of her some ordinary relaxation cds now I'm no longer pregnant. I'd thoroughly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 11 Jan 2012
I find this very effective - and memorable/suggestive enough that I have started automatically going back to what I practice on the CD whenever I want to relax. I am yet to try it during actual birth but a good prep tool so far. Also, the female hypnotist's voice is really soothing and, in my opinion, is more effective than listening to a male voice. I know for some mothers-to-be, especially VBAC ones, a detail like this can be really important!