4.0 out of 5 stars This book helped me get the job.
I went for a significant promotion and this book really helped me prepare. I bought it five days before the interview and found it easy enough to read a couple of times and focus on the chapters i needed. It's simply written, very easy to relate to and contains a number of interview gems!
Published on 1 May 2009 by D. A. Beattie

3.0 out of 5 stars Short but some good tips
This book is very short - you can rattle through it in less than an hour, which is probably a good thing. I don't think there is anything very new in it but it does focus the mind and there are some useful tips.
Published 1 month ago by hal_the_gal

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars This book helped me get the job., 1 May 2009
D. A. Beattie "dbeatt10" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Perfect Interview: All you need to get it right the first time (Perfect (Random House)) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 18 Oct 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
I really can't recommend this book enough for anyone who we be interviewed in the near future. I read the whole book in under two hours and now feel so much more confident about going into an interview. I don't have any interviews lined up at present but I will work on the tasks presented in the book so that I feel fully prepared if I decide to change jobs in the future. I chose this book based on the previous five star reviews and now I'm back two days later to leave my own five star review, I think that says it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars I buy it in 5-10 book lots, 14 Oct 2012
This book is so good that we buy it 5-10 copies at a time to give to interns and others who have interviewed and "struck out" repeatedly. You know by the time someone is spending the time to interview you, on paper you meet the job description. This tells the candidate how to get the interview right. Everyone I know who we have had read this has fixed many of their interview problems - buy it for your kids, your nephews and nieces, your interns and students - and expect to keep buying new copies to hand out.

4.0 out of 5 stars The way to Excel in Interviews, 16 May 2010
Barclaycard "Big SSF" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
After feeback from a recent interview i was advised to read through thios book.
i bought this book and found trhat i had this skills just did not know how to put them into practise and when not to speak or what to say to sell myself. This book gives you more confidance to go forward to look at why you want the job getting you to buy into the porocess and prepair you for that important Interview.

5.0 out of 5 stars I did get it right the first time!, 5 Dec 2004
I was a graduate and I was applying for a job. I was in a bookstore with my girlfriend and was looking through some books to get some help with my interviews, when I saw this one. The only reason I bought it was because I thought: "Ok, I am not much into reading, I am not going to spend hours finding out about other people's theories that confuse me and describe something completely different than me, so I am getting this one which looks easy readable, small (140 pages with 2-3 page chapters) and describes techniques in a simple, understandable and realistic way."
When I finished reading this book, I liked it so much that I read it two more times (I've never read a book a second time in my life). Then I had my first interview where I applied all the techniques. Then I had my second interview and then I had a job in a very successful multi-national firm with a good salary and excellent working conditions.
Read this book. You don't want to go to an interview and be prepared only on the less important issues. E.g. the interviewers don't want to see a person that is capable of doing his homework and knows the revenues of the company in the last 5 years, the stock price, etc. They want to see that this person will fit into the company and be able to do the job. You don't want to get asked common questions that you had never been bothered to prepare. E.g. You don't want to be asked "How much money do you want?" and be like "Hmmm, well, I've never thought about that one. Is X too much or too little? Will they think that I am expensive and get somebody else, or will they think that I ask too little therefore I am not that good?" You want to be able to respond with quick, simple and diplomatic answers to all questions. Moreover, you don't want to be rejected just because you had your mouth in a natural half open position the whole time and your hands were scratching your hair after every question.
This book addresses lots of common sense issues that most people never got to think that might be important. So, if you think you are a capable, competent person that can do the jobs he is applying for and in order to become successful all you need is a simple training to the role of the interviewee, then buy this book. If you don't think that, then better consider buying the "Psychology of Success: Finding Meaning in Work and Life" instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short but some good tips, 11 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars An aid to work, 20 Feb 2014
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
If its been a while since your last interview. This book is a grest help. Fully recomed toany & all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interview, 14 Dec 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This book has been very helpful with just sufficent information. To be honest in the end I did not need it, I am a very good construction project manager. At the time there just wasn't sufficent projects around for us all!

4.0 out of 5 stars Informal & informative, 10 Dec 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
A very engaging, almost chatty, guide. It has short and punchy chapters, and avoids the trap of sounding stuffy and jargon-laden. It gives some really helpful insights on interview preparation and carrying it out on the day. You'll definitely feel more confident and ready to give a good account of yourself after reading this, as it outlines out some effective responses, as well as common pitfalls to be avoided. Overall, well worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top top book!, 6 Nov 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
I first bought this many years ago, I can honestly say that since then I've lost count of the work i've won and jobs I've obtained as a result of the techniques I learnt from this book! I approach interviews now, supremely confident that I'll know as much as the interviewer, and ready to expect the type of questions I'm usually asked!
Not a very thick book, but without a single wasted page! Top marks Mr Eggert! 10/10 !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›