5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking...
Mind blowing. I chanced upon this gem in a bookstore & couldn't believe it was just £9.99. I've toyed with the idea of various other expensive pictorial guides but it's always a bit of a risk to buy without seeing. One flick through this one however and I was convinced.

Published on 16 Jan. 2008 by 101Journey

1.0 out of 5 stars Still waiting
I would love to be able to review this item. Unfortunately, one month after ordering it, it has still not been dispatched and I have no info on when it might be coming.
Published 14 months ago by WJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking..., 16 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Universe: A Journey from Earth to the Edge of the Cosmos (Hardcover)

After buying the first copy as a gift, I swiftly bought 2 more from Amazon (at an amazing price) - one for me, and one as another gift.

I have just put it down (reluctantly) after a 45 minute sitting, my imagination and wonder stoked and my mind struggling to comprehend what i have just seen and read.

The combination of beautiful, quality images and minimal intriguing text explanations are a perfect match. My only frustration was that I wanted to know more technical info on each object, though in reality they have done the image/text balance well, and it serves to feed my thirst to find out more.

An amazing book, which could just change your perspective. Buy it! you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars so much better, 30 Aug. 2006
I've been searching the book shops trying to find the best book for pictures in astronomy. I've looked through 'Beyond' which is suposed to be the best out there, didn't think it was near worth the money, and i looked through all the others i could find,visions of the universe, hubble:mirror of the universe, etc. I already owned this one and while looking at all the others which are alot dearer i couldn't find one i thought was better. I think this book is beautiful and i'm very suprised at its price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Graphical Perfection, 3 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Universe: Book and DVD (Hardcover)
This is a visually pleasing book, crammed full of very high quality images and just enough descriptions of each planet or galaxy to get one hooked but not bored. ideal for anyone 7 years old to 97. The additional DVD is riveting , exceptional quality animation taking you through the solar system with the addition of a light year clock so one can get an idea of where everything is in relation to the Earth. Also on the DVD is a large collection of Hi-Res images that can be down loaded to your PC for printing and viewing, this is a most excellent extra and no doubt will be of use to Schools , colleges and graphic artists 10/10 ,..., Only question.... why is this item being sold so cheaply ?

4.0 out of 5 stars Review from a space enthusiast., 16 May 2009
Mrs. O. D. Crompton "Ericcrompton" (Hampshire U.K.) - See all my reviews
A Star Trek voyage from earth to the edge of known space. By definition a single line approach albeit not straight visiting all points of interest en route. The dialogue very comprehensive on objects where present knowledge is reasonably advanced but in general pictorial presentation of the highest order and the book is well worth buying for the pictures. Incredibly good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning book, 7 Feb. 2009
A. Jeffery (Sussex, U.K.) - See all my reviews
The photos in this book are absolutely amazing. It reveals our universe to be so breathtakingly beautiful that it took several days to read through it because I needed to pause to let what it showed sink in.
I like the way it starts local and then proceeds further and further out. Occaisionally the definitions could be a little clearer, but since the emphasis is on the visual rather than the text this is understandable. In fact it's a feast for the eyes and the the spirit. Highly reccommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Universe, 23 Mar. 2009
L. Wilkes "Les W." (Wolverhampton, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as a present for my 11 year old nephew who is very much into 'space' and sciency stuff. He absolutely loves it and takes it with him everywhere. He especially liked the way the book takes you page by page, further and further out into the universe from earth. Definately a big hit and worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Universe, 15 Sept. 2009
M. Pemberton "Mike Pemberton" (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
Beautifully illustrated book, a lot of book for such a cheap price. I was a little wary that it would not be up to the mark. However my fears were unjustified. Not the book to buy if you want information as the notes to each image are fairly short but worth the money just to get all these pictures together in one book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value!, 1 May 2009
K. Williams (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I am so pleased with this book! So much cheaper than alternatives I've seen and beter quality images than most!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pictures, 24 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Universe (Paperback)
This book contains beautiful pictures, just right for a space/universe/solar system nerd like me! Gorgeous pictures, detailed interesting descriptions. I've learnt things I didn't previously know by looking at this book. Would recommend it to anyone wishing to learn more about our fascinating Universe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Universe (Paperback)
This book is full of great pictures and descriptions. I bought it as a stocking filler and was impressed by the quality and content considering the price (I was expecting a wee pocket book with a few pictures but this is so much more). I would recommend this book to everyone.

Universe: A Journey from Earth to the Edge of the Cosmos
Universe: A Journey from Earth to the Edge of the Cosmos by Nicolas Cheetham (Hardcover - 18 May 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01