5.0 out of 5 stars Good walking guide
The book covers a range of walks in different areas of Northern Ireland, from easy to difficult walks. It includes a few in the Mournes but it's nice to include mountains, parks and coastal areas in other parts of the country too. These include the Sperrins, Antrim hills, Lecale way etc. Easy to follow so I'd highly recommend it.
Published on 19 Mar. 2010 by EGM

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok I suppose
This book only gets three stars for highlighting Northern Ireland as a great place to walk - which it is. However, the synopsis talks about the authors enthusiasm which, for the life of me, I couldn't see in fact the book came across quite dry. A typical walking book that seems to be published these days - turn this way, turn that...

No mention of the history...
Published on 17 May 2008 by J. B. Hancock

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok I suppose, 17 May 2008
J. B. Hancock (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Northern Ireland: A Walking Guide (Paperback)

No mention of the history of a place or indeed of any points of interest. Some of the walks the author mentions I have personally walked and she seems to have cut some of them short for example, she refers to the North Down Coastal Path as 12.5 miles - it's actually some 16 miles long and runs from Portavoe to Holywood and not Groomsport to Holywood as she suggests - the walk between Portavoe and Groomsport is actually one of the highlights of the entire stretch. She also starts the Lagan Towpath at Stranmillis when in fact it starts at the Waterfront Hall, Belfast City Centre a few miles back.

All in all good to see a book written on walking in Northern Ireland but could have been better.

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful guide, 19 April 2009
Mr. Paul Hayes "Paul" (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Northern Ireland: A Walking Guide (Paperback)
This guide is helpful when exploring Northern Ireland on foot. We tried 5 of the walks, and some were confusing at times. The guide is rather old fashioned by current standards, but we couldn't find much else on sale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good walking guide, 19 Mar. 2010
EGM "EGM" (Co Antrim, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars a lot of wonderful walks, 11 Oct. 2013
A lot of wonderful walks in Northern Ireland. Beautiful surroundings and very clear descriptions. We managed to walk 6 days using this book without any problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars a walking guide, 14 Oct. 2013
Excellent book for the general walker in Northern Ireland contains both simple walks and more advanced routes Not all walks are circular

4.0 out of 5 stars weather was absolutely beautiful (Sep 14) so that really makes the difference, 18 Oct. 2014
So far just followed one walk from Killard Nature reserve to Ardglass....weather was absolutely beautiful (Sep 14) so that really makes the difference...never knew there was this wonderful walk before, although it is an hours drive from where we live, we went back again 3 weeks later! Just one wee tip, if you intend on getting a taxi back or bus for that matter check out the times first, we went on a Sunday, buses very infrequent and did not suit....and we had to enquire in a local pub in Ardglass if there were any taxi's to take us back the 7 mile trip to our car - we ended up having to thumb a lift (last time we did that was about 30 years ago! Lol) anyhow first local stopped and took us farther than he was going to our car, so gold star for him, we really appreciated it! The book we found to be so far, very good on descriptions of the walks, so glad we bought it as we have found walks we never knew even existed in NI.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 July 2012
This arrived really quickly, in great condition. The map itself surprised me with how much detail and information it had, I have a large collection of Irish maps and this stood out as being the best type. I went on to buy more covering other areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Sept. 2014
This item was as stated. Thank you for a pleasant transaction

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Nov. 2014
great

Northern Ireland: A Walking Guide
Northern Ireland: A Walking Guide by Helen Fairbairn (Paperback - 1 Mar. 2006)
Used & New from: £0.01