Format: Hardcover|Change

on 11 January 2007
It's really cool,and has lots of things to do in it!It shows you how to do loads of things like make aeroplanes(paper),de-organ an Egyptian mummy(eww)and how to get rid of hiccups,etc.etc!I can't wait till the girls version of it comes out(as I am a girl!)

Georgie,age nine and three quarters
on 5 October 2006
Just purchased this for my 8 year old godson and I have to say I am very impressed - wonderful value for money and he loved it - there is enough inside to keep him happy for hours - I have to say his Dad liked it too!

I plan on buying a few more of these for Xmas presents!
0Comment|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2006
I got this book for my son for his 8th birthday. He brought it into school the next day and at break all the boys were gathered round hoping for a glimpse into this magic book. But my son, wanting to be "the best at everything" only shared a couple of pages with his closest friends. Even his teacher said he wished he'd had a book like this when he was a kid.
on 20 December 2006
I must admit that when I bought this book it was to qualify for free delivery. However, it is probably the best book I have read in a very long time. The instruction provided is just fantastic for boys of any age. (I'm 37.) I could not put it down. Its simple, informative style has given me the (probably misplaced) confidence to try to do some unusual, crazy things. Having read this book I now feel more self confident and cannot wait to train my first parrot, fly my first helicopter, and (re)start to annoy my siblings in ways I previously could not imagine.

An excellent read which I would recommend to everyone (except girls, obviously).
22 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 February 2007
This book is like a slightly dumbed down version of "The dangerous book for boys" I would say that it is aimed at a slightly younger market and is undoubtably good at what it does. Some of the stuff in it is just plain silly, great for the average 8 year old who after reading the page will turn to you and state very earnestly " I can climb a palm tree now". A fun book,not sure how practical the advice given in it is as most of it is never likely to get used.
on 11 January 2007
Bought this at Christmas for my 10 year old who takes it to bed every night to read up on a new "trick" or two. His 15 year old brother thinks its cool too! They have just had a hilarious half and hour trying to tear a phone book in two and "read each others' minds".
on 27 November 2006
They say curiosity killed the cat, I will add satisfaction bought it back. I was glad I purchased this book out of pure curiosity, I have now purchased four more as Christmas presents for other male members of my family. I found myself being taken back to a childhood with my brothers who seemed to know every thing and the hero's of my youth. So much to learn that both genders would enjoy this knowledge packed read. I know all little boys and girls will want to put all the new advise to practise, go buy for the little man or woman in your life they will be total engrossed. I am off to hypnotise a chicken!!!
on 21 January 2007
A great little book for boys and probably one that should be given to all boys, but please keep it in context. it is a book for boys not adults. An adult upon receiving it will smile gracuiously and wonder why on earth you have given him a boys book!

Highly recommended for ages 15 and under
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 October 2007
Although not as comprehensive and complete as Bart King's amazing THE BIG BOOK OF BOY STUFF, this book is a good start for younger boys (and girls!) looking to impress their friends with how awesome they can be.

If you've ever wondered how to fly a helicopter, or needed to know how to avoid being eaten by a bear, or planned to show your superhuman strength by ripping a phone book in half, then THE BOYS' BOOK is for you.

This short guide (less than 120 pages) is filled with tips, tricks, hints, and helpful knowledge that anyone can use to make themselves look like a genius. Because, as you know, not everyone knows how to survive a volcanic eruption, freeze a finger, get an egg into a bottle, or send a message by semaphore.

Optimus sum. Which, by the way, means "I am the best" in Latin.

Reviewed by: Jennifer Wardrip, aka "The Genius"
on 7 February 2007
I found this book great! I read through it all the time and have now read every page at least twice! I had never thought of annoying my sister using such cunning ways. I can't wait to teach a Parakeet to talk, hypnotize a chicken and to trick people into thinking I've lost my head. This book is fantastic for children and teenagers!