4.0 out of 5 stars A Cool Book for Boys!(and me!)
It's really cool,and has lots of things to do in it!It shows you how to do loads of things like make aeroplanes(paper),de-organ an Egyptian mummy(eww)and how to get rid of hiccups,etc.etc!I can't wait till the girls version of it comes out(as I am a girl!)

Georgie,age nine and three quarters
Published on 11 Jan. 2007 by P. Stocker

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for 7/8 years old
Published on 23 Feb. 2011 by Zaf

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The Book for Boys, 8 Jan. 2011
Ms. R. S. Dampare (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Boys' Book: How to be the Best at Everything (Hardcover)
This book arrived quickly and in condition. It was a Christmas gift for my little brother so I was keen that it arrived in time for Christmas but all was fine and my little bro seemed so excited to have it. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars exelent, 16 Dec. 2011
this is a great gift for my son who is 8,i found the book very interesting my self to be honest,i got him 3 books out off the collection,money well spent !

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for 7/8 years old, 23 Feb. 2011
I bought this book for my 5 years old grandson. Though he is 5 years old, but he is very advanced in reading and read books of 7/8 years old. I found that this book is for teenagers and not for 7/8 years old as suggested. There are some chapters which I would not like my grandson to read and there are some which are too difficult to understand even by 10 years old or over. I have decided not to give this book to my grandson and keeping it to give it some teenager.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings out the inner child in you, 5 May 2010
AK (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The book is, as mentioned by other reviewers, fabulous. I fully agree that The Dangerous Book for Boys has more but this works well in isolation, too - even if, as some pointed out, much of the advice will hardly be used.

There are two aspects to this book - the first are all the little tricks, which are eminently doable and should keep children occupied and entertained for significant amounts of time. The other aspect is the advice - such as on how to fly a helicopter, or fight of a crocodile - which will probably (one would hope) not be practiced in real life but will at least give the boy (in you) the inner glow of knowing it all and being the best at literally 'everything'.

You will be well served giving this book as a present to children (especially in a tongue in cheek, mildly annoy the parents kind of way), as well as older men, who have not lost all childlike characteristics just yet - in other words, the fathers are likely to derive as much fun as the kids, and if there are no kids around, the book still works relatively well - if nothing else, to help old men reminisce about times gone by.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Entertain an Eight Year Old Boy for Hours!, 9 July 2011
My eight year old son was absolutely engrossed in this book, so much so that he even took it bed with him and stayed up looking through it when he should have been asleep! He's not usually a big reader but this book really captured his imagination.

The book is packed with tips and humourous suggestions guaranteed to fill a rainy day. My son was particularly taken with the tips on how to wind up a brother - not that he needs much guidance in that area anyway! He also spent hours making 'fortune finders' which are those folded up paper things that you hold in between your fingers and get somebody to pick a colour/number etc.

He also enjoyed the trick to convince people that he could read minds. This is really simple but did actually work, much to his delight.

I think this book is a great gift idea for boys of around eight or nine years old. It really appeals to their sense of humour and has some simple (as well as some pretty obscure and frankly quite bizarre) ideas to while away a few hours. This is definitely one to tempt even the most reluctant of readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every boy at Every Age should have this book ;), 9 Mar. 2015
I like this book and so do others... In fact I have yet to find anyone that doesn't like this book !

its a great little book, it has something for everyone - even girls ;)

It is totally bursting with good/fun/useless information... With 128 pages i think this book was an absolute bargain and a great find....

This would make a great gift for males (due to the title) from ages around 5-95 ;) Im playing but you get my drift..

If you want to find out things like how to;

Eat in a posh restaurant
Play Pooh-sticks
Speak in code
Do a wheelie

Then you need this book ! ;)

Its one of those books that if you leave it on the side, everyone has to pick it up to have a sneak peak at what it contains... which is a lot!

I totally 100% recommend this book to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Age 5? Great book, but reading age query. I was doing a search for a 5 year old. However, I love this book myself., 15 Mar. 2013
E. Weston "Ricka" (Eastbourne, East Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
I do like this book, I have only read the first few pages, but in wanting a book my two grandsons could read for themselves, I found the language too hard.

I believe the age group should be 6/7 as a read alone book. However, with support from a good reader who can explain the difficult words and language, this book is really good.

Let me explain, I have a dyslexic 8 year old grandson who could not read this, and a 5 year old grandson who can barely read words longer than four letters. I also have an 8 year old grand daughter who has a reading age 4 years beyond her. And as a Teaching Assistant in a secondary school, I know many teenagers who would struggle. However, I think they would also love this book so I may just get it for them! I will have to get it anyway, as it reads really well and gives some great advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 29 Jan. 2009
A. Withers (Essex uk) - See all my reviews
From knowing which knife to use in a restaurant to making a go cart, its all in this fab book. A real good old fashioned hive of information for a lad of any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 2 Sept. 2012
Brillant book that will keep any man,boy happy for hours. Will definitely buy this book again in the future as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 7 Nov. 2014
Bought for my son for xmas. It arrived super quick. Had a look inside and I love it, I'm sure my boy will too!

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

The Boys' Book: How to be the Best at Everything
The Boys' Book: How to be the Best at Everything by Dominique Enright (Hardcover - 5 Oct. 2006)