4.0 out of 5 stars Good
As an avid Talksport listener it was interesting to see into the mind of one of my all time Favourite broadcaster's
Published 19 months ago by Mr. A. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough talk about sport
I didn't read the blurb before I bought it so I suppose it was my fault really, but I was extremely disappointed with this book.

Published on 7 Feb 2008 by Bantam Dave

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough talk about sport, 7 Feb 2008
Bantam Dave (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I was expecting a similar helping of wit and insight into the world of football to what we got in Awful lot of Bubbly, but instead what this book offers is a prolonged tirade against the UK's ills - policing, the health service, immigration, roads etc, etc. It reminded me of the sort of stuff that you can hear being spouted on about in taproom bars all over country.

There is not much football in this book but the times when there are are amongst the precious few times when this book becomes interesting as are the anecodes told about the co-author Mike 'Porky' Parry.

My advice to Brazil and Parry if they are planning another book is to stick to the subject they best at - football.

1.0 out of 5 stars Self opinionated codswallop!, 29 Jun 2008
This really is a poor read. ill thought out 'opinions' with nothing to back them up for chapter after chapter.

Avoid at all costs

2.0 out of 5 stars Random Ranting, 4 July 2008
Nick Brett (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Both Barrels from Brazil: My War Against the Numpties (Paperback)
Well, I really enjoyed "There's an awful lot of bubbly in Brazil" - it was a fun autobiography packed with stories and anecdotes, often involving drink and mayhem. A recommended read.
But this....
I hope I have established I like Brazil and loved the first book, which may be why I was so disappointed with this one. This is just a series of rants that might appeal to certain Daily Mail readers, but neither educate or entertain. Jeremy Clarkson does this stuff but with wit and irony, but this is not what Alan Brazil does well. Yes there are some anecdotes, but having him describe kicking people in the face in bus top fights in his youth do not hit the right note. Neither is he apologetic, preferring to focus on the "it made me the man I am today" line. This was neither comfortable nor entertaining and kind of sums up the book.

It was a struggle to get through this, I kept going in the hope that there might be a good story around the corner, but most of the time, there wasn't. A real shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money and buy the Daily Mail, 5 Aug 2008
This book reads like an editorial in the Daily Mail.Right wing rantings some which are bordering on racism..As usual his partner in crime Mike Parry is the author.The standard of writing is very poor.A two year old could have wrote it.C"mon Brazil put your glass down and write a book by yourself,not that idiot Parry and leave the politics to someone who knows what they are talking about

2.0 out of 5 stars Both barrels firing blanks, 5 Oct 2010
The book consists mainly of rants by the Mr brazil a la Jeremy Clarkson without the wit.
Admittedly there are a couple of amusing yarns which, to be truthful, probably only appealed to me as I know some of the characters involved.
A disapointing purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars A let down, 6 July 2008
D. W. Miller "dmiller945" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Their first book was passable but this is pass-byable. Little or no soccer content and politics is done so much better by other people.Seems like Alan Brazil feels he has the answers to society's problems and I should imagine that when he and Mike Parry get together in the wee small hours they persuade each other of their mutual genius. Poor stuff but it may well have an audience with white van man much as their radio programmes do.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great first book , shame about this one, 31 Dec 2007
As an Alan Brazil fan I was much looking forward to this book as a follow up to his first great read, but I'm afraid I was greatly disappointed.
The combination of Parry & Brazil did not shine in this publication (although how Mike Parry is still a "pal" is a mystery to me after the stunts Alan plays on him !)
Hope the next book will regain the heights of the first.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 May 2013
Mr. A. Smith "Trench." (England) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars No way as good as the first book, 28 Dec 2007
Just read this book and did not think much of it really. His first book There's an Awful Lot of Bubbly in Brazil: The Life and Times of a Bon Viveur was a brillant read but I found this quite boring to be honest and had a hard time reading it all.
It does have a few good stories in it but other than that I would spend my money elsewhere. And Im a very big Alan Brazil fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Man Called Brazil., 29 Aug 2011
Another very entertaining and amusing insight into MR Brazils life so far. From a quite difficult upbringing to the success he is today.

Both Barrels from Brazil: My War Against the Numpties
Both Barrels from Brazil: My War Against the Numpties by Alan Brazil (Paperback - 2 Jun 2008)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available