5.0 out of 5 stars a good education
Published on 16 May 2011 by happycamper

3.0 out of 5 stars tips? really?
Its not a bad book, yes its funny and tells you some pretty weird facts that you wouldnt really know about sex, but with a title like that you'd expect more tips. Im 20 and maybe I know more than a lot of people apparently know about sex, but most of the tips I already knew! I guess if your not very adventerous about your sex life then maybe this would be a good book to...
Published on 26 Sep 2008 by G. Cumberlidge

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a good education, 16 May 2011
This review is from: The Greatest Sex Tips in the World (Hardcover)
Odd though it may seem, I bought this primarily for our 16 year old daughter to read. As she is starting out on her sexual life, wanted to make sure she knew enough to ensure that she could make informed decisions about anything asked of her and that she fully understood risks involved. Thought the book well written, in a no nonsense, humurous manner and the tongue in cheek titles and comments made it easy to discuss the more intimate topics that would have been difficult to bring up with her in general conversations about sex. Had a few tips for us oldies too!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has the power to change your life, 26 Oct 2007
At last - a book about sex which is frank.explicit,courageous, witty, informative, refreshing and uplifting.This is more than a bloody good read, it has the power to change your life. Over the top I hear you cry? I don't think so. If your sex life improves your health improves - your work improves - your confidence improves - your relationships inprove - your life improves. A great b'day/xmas gift for all your friends, male and female - young and old. I also saw Julie being brilliant on the Alan Titchmarsh show. Please lets see her fronting her own programme - it would be a breath of fresh air.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real advice from a real woman!, 4 July 2007
I really thought this book was informative and interesting - you will certainly find out things you never knew!!! The format is refreshingly different from the bog standard sex books on the market, and one of its biggest pluses is that it is something you can sit down and read with your other half. Not only are there some great things to try but it is delivered in a friendly way. Some things that will make you laugh, some that will make you go "oooohhhhhh!" ;-) Definitely a book for the bedside table, and would make a great gift for your mates!

I think one of the previous reviewers has been a little unfair. I found Julie's writing brilliant - and after all, what constitutes a sexpert?! Judging from some of the tales in the book I would say Julie is more than qualified!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Little Book - it's Rude but Fun, 2 Jun 2007
I Love this book, this book is must for anyone who wants to improve their sex lives but do not want to plough through a boring 'manual'. This book is fun to read with plenty of laugh outloud moments, but still gives you lots of facts and tips on how to improve your sex life. It is a great book to take to bed with your partner to read together and of course to practice what you have learnt!

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, in fact I have bought a copy for my daughter!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic from Julie!, 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Greatest Sex Tips in the World (Hardcover)
I'm a big fan of Julie's sex tips and have her other book: "The Greatest Guide To Sex". I really like how she presents everything in a funny but sensitive way. Everything is charmingly put! Highly recommended for any (shy) girl who needs a bit of a bedroom lift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative & fun, 30 May 2007
I love this little book, and have bought it as a gift for a few of my friends. Every topic of sexuality is given a frank and thorough discussion and it has handy hints and great tips along the way. A welcome change from the other sex books on the market this really will make you laugh and give you something to talk about with your mates .... even better read it with your partner and experience the boost to your sex life!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Present laughter, 26 Jun 2007
I too remember Julie from the box and I heard her on LBC chatting about this book so I thought, "sounds like good fun, I'll get that as a present for a friend". :-)

To be fair to La Peasgood, in the LBC interview, she did say that she wasn't a Sexpert, so I wasn't expecting an authoritative guide to sex, however, I opened up the book to have a sneaky peak and bang, before I knew it, I was half way through. It's full of fascinating, interesting and very useful information, all nicely laced with some penetrating humour and some very funny complimentary cartoons; I particularly liked the one with the dogs looking in on their owners shenanigans.

Sadly, my copy was looking a little dog-eared after having had a certain amount of thumbing, so, I had to buy another copy for my friend. Doh!

I'm no sexpert, but I am a little more expert than I was. Don't believe me? I guess you'll just have to ask my friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - a sex book we can rely on!, 14 Sep 2007
Julie Peasgood is a new literary delight - her approach is frank, forthright and funny!! This book is a real help - if only we had someone like her around to ask those questions we've never dared! Her style is chatty and open, as if you were talking really honestly with a best friend. I'm only 25 and I really loved being able to learn how to please a partner - and myself - without the embarrassment I would feel talking to a doctor or boyfriend. It is not sleazy a la cosmo but really informative and very amusing as well! I am a big fan of Julie (I loved Emmerdale) and she has such a lovely sunny personality. I would love to see her get her own show of this book so she could answer more questions from guests.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hail Ms Peasgood!, 19 Oct 2008
This review is from: The Greatest Sex Tips in the World (Hardcover)
The Greatest Sex Tips in the World (The Greatest Tips in the World)

I recieved this book as a birthday present and can truly say that I couldn't put it down! Flicking through the pages of this riveting little book is just like sitting down with a well versed best friend, a bottle of chardonnay and having a good giggle about all things between the sheets. It's honest, funny, PACKED full of infomation and is just the right size to keep by your bed! Countless times throughout I squealed YESSSS that someone has finally written a book like this! Yes, sex books are no new revelation but for the first time ever I didn't feel intimidated by all the new things in there, or wonder how the hell I was going to get into some odd tantric postion. In fact, I felt perfectly normal and pretty horny! Couldn't wait to try out my new found expertise. I loved the length of it though and the succinct way Julie talks about each topic - I can't think of anything worse than ploughing through a hefty, rambling book on such a great subject - sex! Instead, every topic has been taken, thought about and then slotted in perfectly so you get to read all the best bits with the rubbish cut out! Straight to the point, incisive, witty and practical. I am buying this book as Christmas stocking fillers for all my girlfriends this year!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks!, 26 Dec 2007
This is one of the best sex tips books I've read (and I have a library-full!)It's packed with practical suggestions and insights and the author's tone is perfect-not condescending or yukky, just frank, real and very funny.Lives up to it's title-a fab read and great value.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Greatest Sex Tips in the World
The Greatest Sex Tips in the World by Julie Peasgood (Hardcover - 30 Oct 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01