5.0 out of 5 stars Another, can't put down book!
I was curious to know if Corinnes return to Switzerland would be as interesting a read as her adventures in Africa. I wasn't disappointed and admired greatly her determination and perseverance in pulling herself back up from arriving with nothing to becoming the successful woman she is today. An amazing story and I can't wait to now read about her return to Barsoloi !
Published 14 months ago by Belinda

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but made for slightly uncomfortable reading
I wonder if I was the only person that felt slightly uncomfortable that Corinne managed to make so much money from selling details about her husband and his family, and become very rich with it, while they were living in poverty?
Published on 12 Mar. 2010 by Tamara

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but made for slightly uncomfortable reading, 12 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Back from Africa (Paperback)
I know she did send regular money to help them out but it felt a bit ironic that she managed to make such a good living out of it - other than this, a good read, got through it in a couple of days.

3.0 out of 5 stars follow on from White Masai, 3 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Back from Africa (Paperback)
Having read the White Masai, I was interested to discover what happened next! Again, this book was an easy read, but to my mind served only as a link between The White Masai and Return to Barsaloi, as it repeated a lot of what had been included in The White Masai. It was a readable account of how Corrine came to pen the story of her life with Lketinga and her success as an author. I found the account of the trip to Mount Kilamanjiro interesting, but detached from the main story.

3.0 out of 5 stars a more convincing character emerges here, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Back from Africa (Kindle Edition)
I must admit I found The White Masai hard to take - the author's naivety and recklessness seemed quite unbelievable! Yet the outrageousness of the story kept me reading to the end, and even led me to pick up this sequel, out of curiosity to see how this woman would function outside her exotic African dream. Well, I have to say I found her a much more convincing and sympathetic character here! The story of her re-adaptation to Switzerland is quite interesting and her description of climbing Kilimanjaro was gripping and seemed honest, even to the sense of anti-climax and nothingness at the summit. I also think the writing is a little better this time around. However, this book does not have much structure and is really just a string of events - certainly of no interest at all if you have not read the first booik.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another, can't put down book!, 4 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Back from Africa (Kindle Edition)
I didn't want to put this book down, I would recommend you read all the three books, once you read the first you have to read the second to find out what happens to her. One of the reviews I read before buying it said it was unbelievable but all I can say is that reader has never spent any time in Africa because I have and I can totally relate to the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book lover, 1 Jan. 2010
E. Timehin (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Back from Africa (Paperback)
Lots of repetition and going over old ground in this book. Not as interesting as I felt it would be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book 2 of Masai Trilogy, 7 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Back from Africa (Paperback)
Couldn't wait to read this second book of Corrine's journey but it was not as good as the first and last one. Probably because it was all to do with Corrine being back in Switzerland, it must be the Kenyan side of the stories that have enthralled me. But it is a must to read to fit Corrine's story all together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coming home..., 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Back from Africa (Paperback)
Great story of a normal mum trying to make life for her and her daughter good. All the while fighting with authorities in Africa and Switzerland as she battles to lay roots and become a normal citizen.

5.0 out of 5 stars kenya, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Back from Africa (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book as I have been to Kenya several times. Also went to a Masai camp and they do live like she says, would be hard for a westener to settle with them, nice people that they are

5.0 out of 5 stars Graphically written - you can see it all!, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Back from Africa (Kindle Edition)
This follow-up to White Masai stands alone very well and intrigues from the very first page. A totally fascinating true story of a very unusual set of circumstances, that leaves you wanting more...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Back from Africa
Back from Africa by Corinne Hofmann (Hardcover - 2 Sept. 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01