5.0 out of 5 stars Funny
I bought this as a jokey Christmas stocking filler for my partner as he is a bit of a fitness freak. It is informative but funny at the same time.
Published 4 months ago by Ninoo

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me
Published on 22 Nov 2010 by Mr. H. E. Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 22 Nov 2010
This review is from: Shag Yourself Slim: The Most Enjoyable Way to Lose Weight (Paperback)
I bought this book for my wife as a present - although she wasn't that pleased to receive it. I feel that she may be a little over-sensitve as some women are towards their weight, but seriously she is a mighty walrus of a woman - a genuine behemoth. That is fine by me - she is good with our kids, knows how to provide an excellent and hearty meal, and she never looks at another man - unless, one presumes, she is peckish. I on the otherhand am a reasonably fit and trim 11 and a half stone - a keen cyclist and competent long-distance runner.

To be fair, she was more keen to try this than repeatedly eat vegetables or walk anywhere, so I thought my luck was in. Usually, such activites are reserved for Christmas or when she has had one too many G & Ts. However, after realising that a "quickie" would burn off as many calories as are in a fun-sized Mars bar she set to work what could only be described as "with some vigour".

Sadly, it seemed to make no difference to her weight, and all I ended up with was a broken bed and a punctured lung for all my trouble.

It may work better for you but don't expect it to improve your life markedly. In fact it only served to make mine worse.

3.0 out of 5 stars Caused an 'issue', 11 Feb 2010
Mr. B. R. Good (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I enjoyed reading it and trying out some of the exercises but I don't think the other people in the library were too happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, my girlfriend is still fat, 24 Mar 2014
Gave this product a fair chance, but she's still a massive lump. Didn't improve her performance either, hoping for divorce soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 13 Dec 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Spoof slimming book, 6 Feb 2013
more of a booklet than a book but okay for a small joke stocking filler. Not rib crackingly funny but may provide a few titters of mild amusement

2.0 out of 5 stars over priced, 2 Jan 2013
While some of the content was amusing the size (about 6cm square) and print quality for the price was very poor.
Waste of money

3.0 out of 5 stars book, 22 Nov 2012
a bit expensive for what you get by the time you pay the postage, this book is very small, and is humorous in places, but is not good value for the money in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars silly!, 11 April 2014
smaller than I thought it would be (the book!) but gave us a chuckle.
good as a stocking filler or secret Santa gift. didn't work on the Mrs though!

5.0 out of 5 stars funny, 25 Mar 2014
This was a joke thing for secret Santa, I did have a little peek inside & it was very amusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny but small, 13 Mar 2014
wonderfull stocking filler smaller then i expected but did get a few giggles from it, some of it is very outragoues

ARRAY(0xa6a5fee8)

Shag Yourself Slim: The Most Enjoyable Way to Lose Weight
Shag Yourself Slim: The Most Enjoyable Way to Lose Weight by Imah Goer (Paperback - 11 Oct 2004)
2.99