5.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone
I love this book as I have long been a fan of Derren Brown, and I'm very interested in the way he thinks.This book is entirely comprised of descriptions of his thought processes, insecurities and childhood memories, providing a very personal insight into his life.

Yes, as many negative reviewerss have pointed out, Derren tends to ramble on somewhat, making use...
Published on 3 Dec 2010 by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars A frivolous whimsical Christmas haymaker
This book is very hard to describe. It reads like Derren sat down at his laptop and just went off on one. Derren's stories (I suppose I should say whimsies as the word "whimsy" appears on nearly every page it seems) are woven together by one card trick that is taking place in a Bristol restaurant. This trick comes to its finale on the last page of the book...
Published on 19 Nov 2010 by Terrence Hag

5.0 out of 5 stars Derren Brown - Confessions Of A Conjuror, 7 May 2012
After seeing Derren Browns show "Svengali", I immediately wanted to learn more about the man himself. I ordered this book and it said i would have to wait 3-4 days. I received the book 2 days later. I would recommend buying the book, not only is it a wonderful read but you wont be disappointed on the delivery side of things.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Tosh, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Confessions of a Conjuror (Hardcover)
I had high hopes for this volume, having read another book by Mr Brown and enjoying his performances.

Oh dear. A stream of consciousness meander through Derren's life - interesting in places but not coherent or gripping. Maybe it's me - everyone else seems to be in awe of the work.

I skip read to the end of the volume.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too confusing, 23 Oct 2010
M. Masters - See all my reviews
This review is from: Confessions of a Conjuror (Hardcover)
I read his first book and really enjoyed. I eagerly awaited this book and when I recieved I was sadly dis-appointed by the highly advanced writing. I didnt undestand 2/3 of it and skipped through it. Ive got the highest reading age possible but wirth a try.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 19 Jun 2012
Dr Certain (Rickmansworth, hertfordsgir United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As a massive DB fan, (seen his shows, read his last book and enjoyed the TV shows) I looked forward to an insight into the great man himself. What is a shame, is the layout, presentation and readability of this book.In short, the book. DB , is an entertainer, he makes us think, smile and question. In this book, his inner thoughts and flaws are highlighted. Well, we all have them and in therapy we may like to share. But if I want to have a cathartic experience I should not make other buy it to read about it. If I could I would get my money back. A mistake some people have is when fame gets to them and they feel they can offer something way outside their expertise.
I am sure Derren, has a lot to reflect on, we all do, but come on Mr Brown, we the public are paying you for entertainment, please provide it. This should be the sort of book only your close friends need endure.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shame, 23 Oct 2010
This review is from: Confessions of a Conjuror (Hardcover)
Yes I am a fan but even I couldn't like this book. It has flashes of good writing (mostly when describing others work) but it is largely embarrasing and random. Eagerly awaited, read non-stop and binned. Oh well, at least his performances are fab! I assume that some of the other reviews were actually Derren (giving his liking for Amazon)but if you are not dissapointed in this book then you are very easily pleased. Sorry!

1.0 out of 5 stars PLAIN ENGLISH PLEASE !!, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: Confessions of a Conjuror (Hardcover)
Whilst I think Derren is both interesting and entertaining, the same cannot be said of this book, it's rather self indulgent and extremely confusing. I've seen this before in another one of his books, I think its an attempt to show just how 'smart' he can be with some big words......come on Derren, nobody likes a smart arse !!

Confessions of a Conjuror
Confessions of a Conjuror by Derren Brown (Hardcover - 14 Oct 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01