5.0 out of 5 stars Schemas in Young Children
Published on 17 May 2011 by Jodaschmo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not again
I am a parent of 2 toddlers rather than a 'practitioner' but I am afflicted by an annoying compulsion to read the whole of any book I pick up from start to finish. I was thus incredibly bored after the intro and first chapter on the theory of schemas. Thought about jacking it in as a bad job but my compulsion to finish every book I start kicked in. It got better (more...
Published on 6 Feb. 2012 by Estella_USM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Schemas in Young Children, 17 May 2011
This review is from: Again, Again!: Understanding Schemas in Young Children (Early Years Library) (Paperback)
This book is an informative and interesting read aimed at first for practitioners but also suitable for parents as it gives ideas for play and development. It helped me as a parent to understand why my toddler was displaying certain behaviour. I felt reassured that what he was doing (throwing and climbing) was an important part of his development and that he wasn't just being naughty! It made me think of ways that I could nurture his focus on certain schemas It also helped me to come up with more ideas for my own work with nursery aged children.

4.0 out of 5 stars Again, Again!: Understanding Schemas in Young Children, 21 Dec. 2009
C. Charters - See all my reviews
An easy to read book on schemas. Very useful for anyone working in the Early Years sector. Lots of examples and ideas for the next steps in development.
C. Charters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for study and for practical reference in a preschool setting., 26 May 2010
E. Slater (UK) - See all my reviews
I love this book, easy to read and understand, a great reference and useful when planning for individual children as you learn to recognise their schemas you can pick out activities that they would like. It is also useful to identify how all children are different and the need to differentiate activities to suit all. Also a great book for studying in Early years at any level.

4.0 out of 5 stars again!again!understanding schemas in young children, 20 July 2009
this book was fantsatic as it helped me to research new theories in early years education

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent purchase for anyone working in early years, 27 Dec. 2011
This book is fantastic, its easily accessible by all practitioners and is easily broken down further by more experienced practitioners for though's with less understanding(apprentices or level 2's).
I brought it in the hopes of introducing the observation of schemas into my setting and then using the observations to plan from and this book has enabled me to do just that. It has been passed between practitioners within my setting and all have been able to contribute ideas gained from info given to them in the book.
I would definitely recommend it to anyone as an introduction into schemas and as a book you can accesses and use whilst working with its easily accessible grids and layout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful,informative book on schemas, 25 July 2011
Really like this book,have refered to it on many occasions during the first year of my foundation degree.Really good,clear explanations of different schematic play.I found the book helped me with an assignment,powerpoint and provided quotes for essays so it appeared a few times in my reference list-all credit to the authors for this great little book.I now know an awful lot more about schemas and the importance of recognising and supporting children in this type of play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Again! Again!, 3 April 2010
Ms. J. L. Harrison "Joanne Harrison" (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Really brilliant book, easy to read, 'Schemas' explained in simple terms, with lots of easy to read overviews. Great knowledge for Early Years Professionals!

5.0 out of 5 stars Again, again, 20 Dec. 2011
A brilliant book if you work with children in the early years. It would even be beneficial for parents to help them understand why their child/children do the things they do in a particular way. It's very useful to refer back to from time to time reminding us about particular schemas & how they can be played out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Again Again, 29 Jan. 2013
This book is the book that will make sense of all your child/ren's behaviour!! THIS BOOK IS A MUST HAVE FOR ALL PARENTS http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1905019955/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth buying !!, 24 Dec. 2011
I am currently studying for my BA Early Years and was struggling to understand schemas and especially how to plan on from each one, this book really made it clear. Well worth buying.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Again, Again!: Understanding Schemas in Young Children (Early Years Library)
Out of stock