5.0 out of 5 stars most inspirational craft book
This book is one of the best craft books I've seen recently, most promise much but don't deliver. This book contains a peek into the world of online crafty bloggers who talk about their crafting lives, their studios and early childhood experiences of crafting. Makes for excellent reading! Then on top of that and the beautiful pictures there are lovely projects to make...
Published on 24 Mar 2007 by Susan Hawkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for workspaces and motives
Nicely designed with clear projects - only one per crafter though and all of a simple beginner's level. Easily the best things about this book are the photos of the crafters' workspaces/studios and written details of their motivations for creating. Actually, I think I'd like to see a book just on these aspects as I don't know how many times I'm likely to return to this to...
Published on 26 Dec 2007 by Carol

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 May 2008
This review is from: The Crafter's Companion (Paperback)
I bought this book on the strength of these reviews. However I have found it very uninspiring. The people chosen have very little to say that is unique or interesting and they are all very samey. I don't want to make any of the featured projects and picures of other "craft" pieces are so downright ugly or crass you wonder what the point is. If you're going to invest your time effort and money into making something surely you want an end result to be proud of? Many of these items show little skill or imaginative flair and it didn't much inspire me. I've checked out the blogs and many are even worse than the book. I found one good blog with decent pictures and a high level of skill and she happened to be English, however she spoilt her blog a bit by swearing. Overall a pointless book to add to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Crafter's Companion (Paperback)
Really nice book... lots of really interesting projects and tipos. Not sure when I will get to all of them, but nice reference book to have. Would buy again. 5 stars

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok..., 20 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Crafter's Companion (Paperback)
Another crafts book with gorgeous and inspiring pictures, but the projects presented are not that fantastic. I have the book for 2 months now, and haven't made any of the projects yet. The book is more about the life and work of the crafters featured in it, than making crafts. It's ok, good reading, but low on inspiration and ideas...

5.0 out of 5 stars Different and inspiring, 7 April 2009
Mrs. CA Gilbert "Christine Gilbert" (Tre'r Ddol, Mid Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crafter's Companion (Paperback)
I though this book was a little different in that it does give a small biog on each crafter but that's quite a nice touch. You get an insight in to what inspired them to become creative. The projects are set out at the end of the book, some of them I've done before and are basic but there are still some inspiring projects to do. It gives you the ideas, then its up to you to create something individual and unique that's whats so good about it and all the finished items are practical.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read and some lovely projects, 1 April 2009
Miss Jowyn N. Jenson "jowynj" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crafter's Companion (Paperback)
I read this cover to cover in one sitting. I found the interviews with the designers really interesting and inspiring. It is wonderful to hear someone speak of how much they love to make and craft.
So far I have made on e item from the projects. The patchwork Purse and it turned out great. A really simple idea with loads of scope for customisation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not essential, 8 July 2008
Mrs. S. Censi (London, Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crafter's Companion (Paperback)
I wasn't sure about this book, but after reading so many good things about it I decided give it a go. It is for sure a beautifully presented book. The design and photos are very appealing.
It brings the e-crafters out of the computer ;). It is interesting, to give you some inspiration and tips. In my opinion it doesn't gives us more then we could get from a bit of Google search. I was very pleased to find there, one of my favorite crafters: Hillary Lang.

The Crafter's Companion
The Crafter's Companion by Anna Torborg (Paperback - 1 Oct 2006)
Used & New from: 0.01