5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic modern projects that will delight you!
This brilliant knitting book is a must for every knitter's bookshelf. Having borrowed it from my local library, I couldn't wait to buy my own copy and have just ordered one. There are about 50 designs that vary in difficulty but even as a beginner I feel I am capable of quickly learning the techniques needed to produce the more intermediate items.

Examples of...
Published on 27 Nov 2008 by Miss C. Kendrick

3.0 out of 5 stars knitting in no time
I purchased this book finally after borrowing it from my local library 4 times!
It has clear colour photos of all items that can be made, and lists the yarns needed and more importantly the average time it should take to complete an item!
Published on 6 Oct 2008 by J. Ballard

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic modern projects that will delight you!, 27 Nov 2008
Miss C. Kendrick "CK" (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Knitting in No Time: 50 Easyknit Bags, Shawls, Jackets and More for Fast Fun Style (Paperback)

Examples of projects are as follows: lacy scarf, beaded rib scarf, quick to knit earflap hat, floppy-brim hat, leg warmers, pink tassel wrap, cowls, boleros, blue loop edge jacket, fun fur vest, sheepskin-look vest, weekend bag, moss-stitch bag, tweed handbag and scrap mini-bag.

There is something for everybody in here. Lots of the patterns are done with chunky yarn and big needles to make them quicker and easier. The instructions are incredibly clear with a superb Techniques section at the back of the book (amazingly I can actually follow the diagrams, which isn't the case with other knitting books I've bought).

Each pattern is very easy to follow with a helpful estimation of how long it will take to complete the design. And it reiterates the abbreviations each time which saves you looking them all up. All the abbreviations for techniques are then explained fully at the back of the book in the Techniques section.

I can't recommend this book enough for beginners and intermediate knitters alike!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a must!, 20 May 2009
Icy Sedgwick "Icy" (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book on a whim after reading the other positive reviews, and I'm so glad I did! So far, I've only knitted one of the projects (the blue knitting bag) but I'm so proud of it, and I really like the patterns. Normally I get knitting books and discount most of the patterns because they're for kids, but I really want to make a lot of these patterns, which range from shawls and scarves to ponchoes and jackets to bags and purses. The book uses a range of wools, so you'll possibly already have some of it in your stash, but it's readily available, and the techniques section at the back covers everything you'll need to know to make the items featured. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars knitting in no time, 6 Oct 2008
J. Ballard - See all my reviews
I purchased this book finally after borrowing it from my local library 4 times!
It has patterns for hats, scarves, bags, jumpers, gloves etc. Some easier than others, but I have enjoyed making several items already.
Recommend it for beginners and intermediate knitters.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing patterns, 17 Feb 2011
K. T. P. Fern (Lincs, England) - See all my reviews
I was eagerly awaiting this book after seeing the fantastic reviews but after getting the book I can only guess that the other reviewers have very different tastes from me. There aren't many patterns in here that I would do, perhaps 1 or 2. Examples of patterns I wouldn't do (and can't imagine anyone else doing, really) are: braided scarf (literally braiding yarn together), pom pom scarf (making pom poms and sewing them together). Not surprisingly alot of the patterns ask for super chunky yarn to allow the patterns to fall into the "no time" title, and there's not many other patterns if you wanted to use lighter weight yarn.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 2 Nov 2011
After reading other rave reviews I was disappointed when I finally got a look at this pattern book.On the plus, it is nicely presented with good pictures and clear instructions and the useful addition of an estimated time frame for completion of each item, plus a handy reference section at the back.Slightly larger than A4 size it is divided into 4 sections, for scarves and gloves, wraps and poncho's, jackets, tops and bags.The patterns nearly all use chunky wool and I found the them to be somewhat old fashioned, though the bag section at the back had some fun ideas, the string bag I loved.For the most part these patterns would be suitable for someone who is already able to knit and can read and understand simple patterns.If your aim is a fairly basic, fun and varied pattern book which is good value, or you enjoy quicker less complex patterns, this book is for you. There are so many pattern books available now, I look for something more original or sophisticated, maybe with some history or other features included. I prefer more detailed books concentrating on one area, not the fault of the publishers of course, just my taste.If I wanted to buy my God daughter, who recently mastered knitting a present, I would certainly consider this, but I wouldn't dream of wearing any of the items in here, chunky cardigans,gilets or wraps are not to my taste.

4.0 out of 5 stars Where are my needles?, 26 Mar 2010
This book was given to me as a birthday present, having been on my Wish List for a while. I have found that many of the books in this catergory have been disappointing, but this one made me feel like raiding my yarn stash and getting knitting right away. There are some Americanisms in it, but none that put me off. All I need now is the time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Knitting in No Time, 12 Jan 2011
Super book, with lots of great things to knit. Really inspired me to get on with my knitting! Highly recommend! Only thing is some of the wool recommended is not available any more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A super stash buster, 8 Jan 2013
A wonder book of patterns to beat that stash that seems to have a life of its own well thought out patterns easy to follow

3.0 out of 5 stars Knitting in no time!!, 26 Dec 2013
Good looking book, clear explanations and descriptions. Good looking patterns. Shame unable to get most of wools as American sourced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy projects, 27 July 2013
Bought it to get some ideas for fairs and charity. For a beginner and probably too easy for some one like me who has been knitting on and off for years

14.99