Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

I love this tarot deck the artwork is really lovely and the way the cards are presented is aesthetically pleasing. This pack includes a complete 78 card deck plus a reasonable booklet which gives you very basic meanings for the cards (including reversals) and also has some suggestions for spreads.

Things I love about this deck:

* the artwork - clear, very pleasing to the eye, cute.

* the reverse of the cards show a tree with apples on it and is reversible (i.e. you would be able to tell that a card is reversed without having to turn it over).

* uses lovely pastel shades with a touch of vibrant shades to balance the deck and avoids it becoming bland.

* the Devil has a picture of a girl with a red angel on one shoulder and a white angel on the other - a much more toned down image than is used in other decks.

* the Death card depicts a woman looking at a new sapling whilst in the background a fully grown tree has withered and died - no Grim Reapers or skeletons here.

Things that I didn't like so much about these cards:

* PIP CARDS ARE NOT PICTORIAL! Having put so much effort in toning down the more intimidating cards like the Tower, Hanged Man, Death and Devil and making them into less fearful, almost 'cute' cards to encourage the beginner, they then go and make the pip cards just the number of the items itself - i.e. the famous 9 of Swords is just 9 Swords - no women having nightmares or looking anguished. As a beginner how will you intuit the meanings of these cards?

* the booklet that comes with it is nicely presented and has lovely pictures in it but the meanings that it gives don't necessarily match what I believe the cards mean - they don't tend to follow traditional interpretations very closely - this might be interesting for those that are very experienced and looking for alternative meanings but difficult for the beginner.

On the whole, I don't regret buying these cards one bit and would buy them over again. They make a lovely addition to the collection adn although I don't think these are for everyone - I am sure that lots of Tarot readers would criticise the cuteness of these cards and the unwillingness to face the darker, less attractive side of life (by changing the Death and Devil cards).

I have been using these for a couple of readings on myself with relatively good reasults, the only problem occurs with the pip cards because they are not illustrated, my intuition immediately shuts off. However, an advantage of these I found is that if you have a nervous querent, if YOU are familiar with non-pictorial pip cards, this might be the perfect deck to use in readings with them.

I love them and would not part with them.
on 16 March 2012
I had become interested in Tarot and wanted a deck of cards so I could learn to do readings for myself. Obviously looking for a set that would be simple and easy to understand. At the time I wanted a tarot deck where I to be able to carry out a reading and look to the guide, as almost like a bible, for the exact interpretation written in the book. The book contains the upright and reversed meanings for each of the cards in the Tarot. Although these descriptions are good for giving a basic interpretation, I was hoping for slightly more descriptive in-depth meanings. On the plus side, the book does show different ways of doing a reading and describes when you might use them.
Unless you're not really that interested in learning to read the Tarot, or if it's for someone young or just want a deck more for the odd-occasional use, then this Tarot set is a good option. The major arcana cards are beautifully illustrated with bright, bold colours and more 'friendly' illustrations on some of the more daunting cards than most decks. Hence why it would be a good choice for younger people. For example, the death card in this deck shows instead, a woman standing next to a blossoming tree and behind her, one that has withered away. Personally, I think it's also a nice reminder, and an easy-to-understand symbolic image of the card's true meaning.
My biggest problem with this deck is that none of the minor arcana cards are pictured, which therefore makes it hard to interpret them and unless you have a good memory, means you then need to look up the meaning in the book. This I've found tends to get a bit annoying after a while.
Also the cards are quite big to handle, and if you have small hands, attempting to shuffle 78 of them isn't easy!
I think when I originally bought these I was hoping I would be able to read the interpretations and then memorise them... didn't work. I've now come to realise I would have preferred to interpret the cards myself and only looking to the book when needed. Had I realised this before I probably would have gone with the Rider-Waite deck which does contain picture illustrations for each card and therefore probably a better choice for beginners who want to get stuck in with their own interpretations, and just using the book for extra guidance.
on 26 February 2009
Great affordable product. Very fast delivery. Beautifully designed cards and the booklet that comes with it is easy to understand (for a beginner) and to the point. I've spend hours playing with them!
on 10 February 2016
The descriptions of each card can be a little vague in the included booklet and I feel they don't capture the cards true meaning but for a first deck of cards for a beginner like myself or for someone young they are a pretty good starting deck.

Main complaint about card design is that you can tell when the cards are upside down or not. The cards are also very chunky making them hard to shuffle and deal.
on 7 November 2012
I've always been interested in Tarot cards and thought I'd purchase a pack of my own. The instructions of how to use are a great help and the cards them self are beautifully designed. A great starter kit for any novices like me!
on 6 March 2008
i really liked the tone adopted by the writer in this book - informative but readable and very easy to use. Although other card sets have modern imagery, this is one the best for me, with its strong colors and insightful interpretations.
on 15 February 2013
Liz is an excellent diviner and very economical and efficient in her choice of words and use of the language. This set is easy to use and easy to reference. I thoroughly recommend it for the beginner who does not want to get bogged down in verbage when seeking how to read and interpret. Bravo Liz!
on 19 June 2011
For a long time I've been meaning to learn to read Tarot cards. With no prior experience and very little knowledge I wanted a deck that was straightforward and an instruction book that would tell me the meaning of the cards, the various types of readings and how to lay a reading. "The Art of Tarot" does just that.

The deck is not frightful and some of the scary cards were toned down, at the same time, the booklet gave a good meaning for each card, giving each of the major arcana keywords to help your learning process. It also has the meaning of the reversed cards, which is so much more than the opposite of upright. Although I can see how it is useful for a beginner to know when a card is reversed before folding it it sort of goes against the premise that you should fold the card as you feel you should. Personally, when I see a reversed card, I tend to leave it reversed. However, this is a beginners' set, it's great to learn and you could always get more professional deck later if you've learnt how to interpret the cards and intend to take Tarot really seriously.

The only downside is that the cards don't come in a velvet pouch but you can keep your deck and booklet in the handy sturdy box.
on 29 September 2009
Im really pleased with these tarot cards .....it has a really informative booklet to help with card meanings and i have had fantasic readings from these cards for myself and my friends.......A great buy ***
on 3 May 2010
Good sturdy cards with good pictures and a handy little book. I've had them for a few weeks now and thoroughly enjoy doing reads. A good purchase all round.