5.0 out of 5 stars More depth and great stories
Provides the literary depth that ordinary guide books lack. Everyone from Lesley Blanch to Paul Theroux who has ever written about the journey is included in this entertaining anthology. Ideal for filling the long hours on the journey itself, or pretending you are!
Published on 26 Mar 2010 by DUnit

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a guide book that I could use.
I was looking for more of a guide, but this is a collection of stories. They are well written and compiled well, but have not helped me in my preparation. My fault. I should have read the blurb more carefully.
Published 1 month ago by SN

5.0 out of 5 stars More depth and great stories, 26 Mar 2010
This review is from: The Trans-Siberian Railway: A Traveller's Anthology (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars My Partner loves this, 4 May 2012
I bought this book for my partner who is planning a trip for next year. He has loads of travel books but he really loves this one. The tales of other travelers inspire and amuse him and he has bought other copies of this book for his friends which is the ultimate recommendation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a guide book that I could use., 23 Oct 2014
SN "sgn" (YORK, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Oct 2014
Good value

The Trans-Siberian Railway: A Traveller's Anthology
The Trans-Siberian Railway: A Traveller's Anthology by Deborah Manley (Paperback - 16 Jan 2009)