4.0 out of 5 stars Get the American version instead
The recipes in this book are fantastic and I recommend it highly. However, if you can, I have to recommend the US version over this one. This version does not have any pictures, whereas the US version has a section with full color pictures of the prepared recipes. Worse is that in this version the typography is awful. The letters are orange and and red and the typeface is...
Published on 22 Sep 2007 by Helena

3.0 out of 5 stars Unusually fantastic but pricy, fiddly recipes & in a fairly user-unfriendly format
GREAT things about this book:

* The recipes work and are unusually good. In my experience a lot of vegan cookbook recipes tend to be fairly bland and/or just don't work (like the ingredient quantities are made up), Easy Vegan Cooking: Over 350 delicious recipes for every ocassion: Over 350 Delicious Recipes for Every Occasion being a good example. This book is...
Published on 18 Sep 2010 by Abysseus

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, just a shame theres no pictures, 20 Aug 2008
This review is from: Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-free Recipes (Paperback)
Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-free Recipes

This is a really great book. I'm not a vegan but love vegan cooking and baking and these recipes really stand up to the test, especially if you're looking for something a bit different! Not really your standard vegan book, and was a tad daunted by some of the ingredients first but once you buy the basics it's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of clever things you can do, 10 July 2007
This book is wonderfull. I thought that the only downfall was that it doesnt have any images showing how the food should look like, but the descriptions are good enough to imagime what they should look like.

Any vegan out there, bored of thier recipies? this is the right book for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best vegan cookbook I own, 19 Feb 2008
J. SMITH (UK) - See all my reviews
I got this book (US version) a year and a half ago as a new vegan and it's never let me down. There are recipes in it to impress vegans and meat-eaters alike and it's incredibly refreshing to own a vegan cookbook that packs the punches and isn't all about nut loaves and pasta salad. The mango ginger tofu is incredible, I'll make a batch to last me through the week and never get sick of it and the Big, Gigantoid Crunchy Peanut-Butter Oatmeal cookies are the most delicious cookies I've ever made - I bake them as gifts for people and everyone says how amazing they are!
The bottom line is that this book has a huge amount of very creative dishes, some are a little labour intense but most you can make for week day meals. I've not once regretted buying it and mine is now looking a little dog-eared and food splattered as a result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and Unique!, 26 Jan 2008
Just a note: I have the American version of this cookbook.

I have had this cookbook for about 6 months and it is incredible! The recipes are easy to follow and the author gives substitutions for hard to find ingredients. The majority of the recipes don't take long to make and the dessert section is fantastic. The Fauxstess Cupcakes are especially delicious. The recipes are really unique and lots of fun to make. The author really emphasizes fresh ingredients and steers clear of using fancy gadgets and cookware. Overall, it's really enjoyable and accessible, even for people who are new to being vegan or who are not particularly skilled in the kitchen. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book, 12 Oct 2010
I bought this book in New Zealand after going out there for a year and forgetting to take any recipes with me - it was so worth it, so much so that I am devastated that when I left, I posted it to myself at hme and it never arrived. I'll definitely be replacing it.
I agree with the guy above who says that as much as he appreciated Sarah Kramer (and I LOVE Sarah Kramer), Isa's recipes seem to be spot on every time. She's obviously thought a great deal about each one and absolutely and utterly perfected it before it went into the book. As a post-punk anarchist, she also gives little snips of info about the Food Not Bombs movement, how and why to set up your own tv show, the best way to store your cookware and a ton of other stuff. I loved Isa, so I also bought her and Terry Romero's "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar"... a corker if you're a cookie fan.

I would like to say that Isa's Chili Sin Carne and Pad Thai recipes are THE two most delicious recipes I've ever eaten, ever, EVER. These two recipes alone are worth the entire price of the book. I think this would be the best book you could buy if you aren't a vegan but are just interested in how vegan food is similar to, and can even be better than, "normal" food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vegan me up baby!, 30 July 2010
I've just been introduced to a Vegan friend & wondered what they ate without having to show my ignorance & ask direct, so bought this book! & it's brilliant. Great recipes & easy to follow instructions plus an insight in to the authors life & how they came to write it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for vegan baking recipes, 9 Dec 2008
C. Roberts "cookingforvegans" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
I particularly like this book for the baking recipes - I've seriously impressed my omnivore colleagues and friends with some of the cake recipes from this book! There are some interesting ideas and ingredient combinations I haven't come across elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Best cook book I've ever bought!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, for someone vegan or not, 2 Nov 2013
I bought this book to try out veganism with and it did not fail to disappoint.
It told me how to substitute ingredients whilst also giving me fantastic recipes (particularly the mango marinaded tofu and sweetcorn chowder) that were surprisingly healthy and delicious.

Is is fantastic for anybody wanting to try a new way of eating and cooking, vegan or not.

Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-free Recipes
Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-free Recipes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz (Paperback - 28 Feb 2007)
8.19