5.0 out of 5 stars Face the ultimate truth!!
All GPs must have a copy! This is the only way to fight obesity and type II Diabetes in our diseased modern world. Save lives and tell people about this book.

An essential read to everyone who wants to take responsibility of their own health.

Published on 20 Mar 2012 by NW DC

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost a complete waste of time and money
In a way I shouldn't be writing this review because I gave up reading the book about two-thirds of the way through. There was a rambling introduction that set a scene that most readers are likely to be completely aware of already. There is one very useful chapter on what one should and shouldn't eat, but all that advice can be obtained quickly and freely by accessing any...
Published 11 months ago by Mr. R. BUTLER

5.0 out of 5 stars Face the ultimate truth!!, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: The One Diet (Paperback)

I loved all the practical tips of how to implement change as this is the hardest thing. The authors have a deep understanding of the psychological issues associated with weight gain and the difficulty in changing habits. You definitely convinced me and I have now changed forever...well done!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The One Diet is different from any other diet book, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: The One Diet (Paperback)
I would highly recommend this book if you are serious about losing weight in a healthy and sustainable way. The One Diet changes the way in which you think about food and really opens your eyes to all the subliminal messages and pitfalls out there. This is not just a book that tells you what to eat to lose weight, it is much more than that, all encompassing packed with facts, research and strategies to equip your mind with defences and knowledge to truly help your succeed. I have been following the One Diet for a number of months and have seen positive and lasting results.

5.0 out of 5 stars The One diet, 18 Feb 2012
This review is from: The ONE Diet (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant book. I think its the only book on the market that gets you to rethink the way you view your goals and attitude towards dieting. It reads well and it's got the right mix of common sense approach and scientific background. It worked for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly Brilliant, 12 Nov 2011
This review is from: The ONE Diet (Kindle Edition)
AWESOME -- psychology and science together,-- This book WILL change you -- it will change the way you think -- it will change the way you buy ,eat and cook food and it will change the way you work out. -- IT WILL CHANGE YOU -- IT WILL CHANGE YOUR BODY.

Georges Philips explanation of the way mind manipulations are put into our head by clever advertising and the food industry,Simon Shawcross and his knowledge of nutition,together with Doug McGuffs resistance training methods are an awesome unstoppable combination,

This book will bust the misconceptions put into your head by clever advertising and the food industry ---how it misguides you into thinking eating fat will make you fat --why you choose unhealthy foods thinking they are healthy and more importantly why they dont work for weight loss,--why the word diet immediately makes you think of calorie restriction instead of nutritional intake.Simon and Georges unravel the misconceptions about thinking,advertising,food choices and working out -- and put you on the right path to a healthier lifestyle and a diet for life.--The ONE Diet--- The Only Diet youll ever need

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONE Diet you can't ignore., 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: The One Diet (Paperback)
I'm just so pleased that a friend recommended that I read The ONE Diet. It is a great book, which has made me much more aware of the long-term importance of eating a truly healthy diet.

In fact this is no ordinary diet book. It is so much more. It explains how we are duped by so called diets and the diet industry. It challenges our ideas on fats, grains and other foods. And it really opened my eyes to what goes into some of our processed food and the effect it has on the body.

Interestingly, the book deals with the psychology surrounding food and why it is so easy to fail with certain types of dieting. But not this one...you just start eating as nature intended - and you can see and feel the difference. It's a fantastic way to lose those extra pounds and feel much healthier. Thanks too for the delicious recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The One, 6 Aug 2011
This review is from: The One Diet (Paperback)
With a foreword from a doctor who really knows his stuff, from the outset I was certain that I was in safe hands. After reading The One Diet and following the writer's advice I have felt much stronger, less tired, and generally more content within myself. I was able to prevent my mind being attracted to the so called `miracle' products you know the ones `two weeks to get the perfect six pack' and the weight loss pills. `The One' is the way towards a healthier and happier living. I would advise anyone to buy the book and most definitely to explore the menu of dishes detailed within the book to ensure the ball starts rolling in a positive direction. This is the perfect diet book, ideal for those who are looking to lose some weight and essential for everyone who wants to live and eat more healthily. With a modern take on the Paleo diet and psychological insights that are easy to understand and implement in today's real world you will quickly realise how and why you gained any unwanted excess weight and how easy it is to lose it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Nov 2011
This review is from: The One Diet (Paperback)
Although other books make all sorts of claims, it is this book that will change your life for the better. Well written and easy to understand. The only real effort is your implimentation. I highly recommend it. The ONE Diet

5.0 out of 5 stars A Diet Book for Life, 30 Oct 2011
This review is from: The One Diet (Paperback)
I want to congratulate the authors of The ONE Diet for an extremely well researched, clearly explained and easy to follow book. It really is a Diet Book for Life (and healthier living).

It challenges our approach to food; how it is produced, processed, packaged and sold to us; the effects of such food on both mind and body, while offering a psychological and practical guide for achieving a healthy and stable weight.

Whether you want to lose weight or just eat a health-giving diet, I can't recommend this book highly enough. Why don't you try it for yourselves. It has worked for my husband, who has lost 2 stone while trialing The ONE Diet. And it has worked for me, (luckily not having to lose weight) by making me feel fitter, healthier and having more energy from eating the recommended foods.

ps. I love the eye-catching cover and the play on words, so that the title spells out TONED in capitals.

5.0 out of 5 stars How can we argue with what nature intended?, 11 Nov 2011
This review is from: The One Diet (Paperback)
Finally a way of eating that encourages reliable weight loss, while promoting optimum health and there's solid science to back up its claims. This book explains simply but clearly just where we having been going wrong in our eating habits. It exposes why metabilic syndrome is prolific and just how it can be overcome. I have followed the guidelines within the book and while I have lost 7 kilos over the last 2 months, more importantly, I have never felt so good whilst 'dieting'. I actually have to say that the process has been an absolute pleasure and a far cry from the struggles that accompanied my attempts on the conventional low fat diets we have been duped into trusting.

I am never hungry and have so much energy, especially in the afternoons when I used to feel sluggish a couple of hours after lunch. My sleep has also improved as has the condition of my skin, hair and nails. These changes were evident within about 2 weeks of commencing the 'diet'. I actually don't like to refer to this as a diet as once I reach my goal weight (in the not too distant future), I will NOT be returning to my old habits, which ironically were deemed 'healthy' by conventional standards. No sir, I am experiencing what REAL health should feel like and quite simply it is from eating REAL food. Funny that! Ultimately, we cannot argue with nature and I am done trying.

5.0 out of 5 stars DPA, 10 Nov 2011
Decide! Plan! Act!
I truly love this book and even though I'm not having any problems with my body weight it helped me a lot in terms of understanding of basic mistakes we do with food and things we all should look to improve for to have much more balanced and rewarding life. As a Fitness Coach the book made things much more simple for people I work with to push every personal goal easier to achieve. The title of this book says it all The One Diet and really you would have a very difficult time trying to argue with this most natural way of eating. But I consider this book only for people who truly deep down are looking to change for life.

ARRAY(0xb341d1ec)

The One Diet
The One Diet by Simon Shawcross (Paperback - 15 Sep 2011)
Used & New from: 132.96