5.0 out of 5 stars Great English Book
This photography book by Chris Steele-Perkins collects some of the famous pictures from some of his previous books like 'The Teds' and 'Northern Exposures' as well as the rest of book being made up of a brilliant variety of new pictures, some personal, some not from the past 40 years.

I found the pictures to be of excellent quality and that they capture the...
Published on 19 Nov 2009 by Mark J. Stafford

3.0 out of 5 stars What you see, is what you see . . .
In (my opinion) the best image was on the front cover.
Published 1 month ago by Jay El

5.0 out of 5 stars Great English Book, 19 Nov 2009
This review is from: England, My England: A Magnum Photographer's Portrait of England (Hardcover)

I found the pictures to be of excellent quality and that they capture the moment of the times in perfect detail. There is an essence of English lifestyle and culture throughout this book that brings back fond memories from the past.

In all, it is a great book, which would make an excellent Christmas present.

5.0 out of 5 stars sense of humor, 4 May 2010
Michael Maritsch (Austria) - See all my reviews
I met Chris Steele-Perkins at a workshop in barcelona and got in touch with his style to work. I like his brilliant sense of humor, the compositions in his pictures are great, some photos - and stories behind - are really touching.
A Great book of a great Photographer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant photography of England, 27 Aug 2010
Some really funny, touching and unnerving images. I saw his exhibition in King's Place in London and decided to buy his book.

4.0 out of 5 stars All our warts and quirks, 19 Nov 2011
Don't buy this if you're expecting a flag waving celebration of all things English. This book focuses on the quirks and traits that are usually obvious to those viewing us from the perspective of other cultures whilst remaining invisible to ourselves. A nice reminder of who we are.

3.0 out of 5 stars What you see, is what you see . . ., 30 Sep 2014
In (my opinion) the best image was on the front cover.

England, My England: A Magnum Photographer's Portrait of England
England, My England: A Magnum Photographer's Portrait of England by Chris Steele-Perkins (Hardcover - 7 Oct 2009)